Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamaiken

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2005
I listen all the way through, and always use shuffle. I guess now that I can hear the favorites whenever I want, I'm more excited about hearing the good ones that are heard less often. Through satellite radio and the iTunes radio, I have discovered lots of great music that never (or seldom) made the FM airwaves.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I only listen to songs all the way through if I'm jogging because too much track-changing freezes the iPod sometimes. :(

I think I'm up for a new one anyway. It's just crashed iTunes and it lost all my songs (despite saying it only has 900MB out of 40GB left) and it wont sync properly.

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
I don't think I skip songs often. The reason is becuase since I've got my iPod I have become obsessed with the play counter. I look at what songs are in the "top 10" often and have a smart playlist with the top 10 most often played songs on my iPod. I have actually stopped listening to songs I like becuase I don't wanted them to get any higher on the play count rank. Then sometimes I'll try to force myslef into listening to something else that I want to be higher. Does anyone else do this? I am very driven by my play count as to waht I listen to.

Anyways back to topic, skipping a song would mean that it doesn't get counted by the play counter, so I never do. What a crime to listen to a song yet not have it be counted. Unless of course I don't want that song getting any higher in the top 10.......

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
No, not really. At this point I have almost all of my music in iTune/MP3 player. I still have favorites but sometimes I want to listen to something different. Before it was harder. Now it is easy.

Tahko

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2005
Finnland
My music attention span has improved... I'm a closet-classist, so I don't really prefer to listen to Mozart & Arnold when my friends are close or when my family is near. That means I would have otherwise very little time to listen to it.

And then there's these new bands I find, which I first like to listen throughout in my own peace to decide is it good or not to play aloud for others. iPod grants me those two abilities when- & where ever, making it actually one of the best music related purchases I've ever made.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
ham_man said:
Since I usually listen to music in album format, I prefer to listen all the way through. I guess my music attention span has actually leangthened, because now I listen to albums as opposed to songs...

I second that. An interesting evolution of my musical tastes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.