Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarineR6er

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
My major problem with lion is the gestures. I miss the three finger swipe to go back a web page in safari. Also I can't get to my desktop if I have windows open. I used to be able to swipe four fingers up to clear the screen and get to the desktop. Now I have to minimize each window and I find this very annoying.

soundguy15

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just use BetterTouchTool to remap all the gestures back to how they were.

Tiki35

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2009
Nanoose Bay, BC, Canada
3 finger swipe is still available to go back a page in safari. Go into System Preferences, and then Trackpad, then More Gestures, then Swipe between Pages. Also, Fn+F11 will bring you quickly to your desktop like before.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
as above you can set 3 finger for back/forward, mine is configured like this

not quite 4 finger swipe for desktop, but you can setup a hot corner for this, I did this and just move my pointer to the top right, everything slides out and i am at my desktop

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
My major problem with lion is the gestures. I miss the three finger swipe to go back a web page in safari. Also I can't get to my desktop if I have windows open. I used to be able to swipe four fingers up to clear the screen and get to the desktop. Now I have to minimize each window and I find this very annoying.
Well, you can do the three finger expand (opposite of pinch) to show the desktop.

Can't comment on new vs. old since this is my first run with gestures.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

These are not issues. Just change the gesture settings.

Also get your 5 fingers together on the trackpad and spread them out. "Hello Desktop" :)

1:30 on the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfBvnsFPkLA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.