Haunted House on Ebay F/S...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Nuc, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

One of my friends emailed me this link to the site. I don't know why this guy would want to sell it but I thought it was kind of creepy.

Old Link: Haunted House

And it's still for sale: Newer Link

Anyways have a look..

2. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

It'd be pretty cool to own a haunted house, but $200,000 is pretty steep to pay for something over the internet.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

my guess is he's trying to skirt the low property values wherever this house is located, as well as the fact that the house is ordinary and not elaborate as more desirable Victorian houses are. So he embellishes a story and tries to sell this "authentic" haunted house on eBay. ooookay, thankfully people gulliable enough to buy it don't have this much money (because they're already broke from fat-burning pills). I'm not saying that haunted houses don't exist, but i really doubt this one.

paul

4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

It's hard enough to believe a Gamecube being sold for $50 on ebay, let alone anything that is in the $100,000's+ category, personally. I just can't see real estate being a good business to invest in over ebay.

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Just like there are foolish buyers, there are foolish sellers. I imagine that the sharp-eyed bidder with a good sense of the real estate biz and the intelligence to do his research could really come out on top buying property on eBay and then selling it the old-fashioned way. I think this applies generally to cheaper property, though, or property that someone is in more of a hurry to get rid of.

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar