Have $170 To Spend - iPod Shuffle?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zflauaus, Mar 8, 2007.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Nov 19, 2004
    Tomorrow, my sister and I are going shopping. I have some money that's burning a hole in my pocket. I was thinking about getting an iPod shuffle to have a second addition to current 3G iPod. I would mainly use it for the bus rides home from school and other short trips. I have over 800 songs, so of course, capacity is going to be a factor, but since the shuffle does not have a screen, I think it won't matter as much. Has anybody done this and are you happy with the Shuffle, or should I not purchase it.

And if you say save it for Leopard, too late. I already have $140 dedicated to it.
  2. mrkramer macrumors 603

Jul 11, 2006
    I hope that this is a typo and you aren't horribly misinformed. But If you have the extra money it wouldn't be a bad thing to have.
    Save it for iLife and iWork 07;)
  3. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

Nov 19, 2004
    My body's saying, go to sleep! You have school tomorrow! While reality says, NO YOU DON'T!!!! Yes, it was a typo.

Just a random question, I suppose iDVD doesn't come with Leopard? Does iMovie? Sorry, never had a Mac OS upgrade before. Plus I already have Office 2004. :cool:
  4. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    Nope. iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto, er iWeb, and iTunes (yes you can get that for free from Apple's site) make up the iLife suite which is actually sold separately from the OS (Leopard and Tiger in this instance).

Actually, you can read up on iLife here.
  5. mrkramer macrumors 603

Jul 11, 2006
    It has not in the past, but I suppose it is possible, since they have delayed it this much, but most likely it will not.
  6. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Jan 1, 2007
    I would highly recommend the shuffle. :)

Lack of a screen is no problem when you shuffle your music.
    Just make sure ALL the tracks on your Shuffle are your favorite's.

7. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Jul 22, 2005
    might want to add GarageBand to the list :)
  8. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

Nov 19, 2004
    Well crap. I was kind of hoping it did because I lost my original iBook G4 original discs to reinstall that and have been praying to the Mac Gods (Steve Jobs) that my iBook doesn't suddenly die one day.

And I think I might have a shuffle on my list tomorrow.
  9. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

Mar 14, 2005
    With $170, why aren't you considering a Nano? That does have a screen ;)
  10. BestBuyBoy macrumors member

Feb 20, 2007
    I would go on eBay and get a nice used ipod 30GB w/video 5.5 generation for around 160 to 190 every day.... way better than the nano new. just my 2 cents..
  11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Jul 16, 2002
    Last I checked, Apple was selling 1 Gb first generation shuffles (refurbed) for $49. That's hard to beat.
  12. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

Nov 19, 2004
    Wirelessly posted (Moto E815: MOT-8720_/00.62 UP.Browser/ (GUI) MMP/2.0)

actually i have to spend some money on a wireless adapter. i thought about after i posted this. so is everybody agreed that the shuffle is a good buy?
  13. What macrumors newbie

May 26, 2006
    Orange iPOd shuffle is sweet

Hi! I got an Orange iPod shuffle 2 generation through a promotion and its beautiful. Everyone comments on its minature size and breathtaking color. The small size is worth it. I use it mainly for exercise so the lack of screen does not matter. I just listen to the songs that I like.

I wouldn't but the nano right now. I'm waiting for the new ipod video so I need to save money. The ipod shuffle does enough for me and I'm a happy little bird.
    You will not regret it.
  14. neyoung macrumors member

Jan 15, 2007
    If you check out Apple's refurbished store you can find some great deals!

The current generation ipod shuffle is $59 while the previous (long skinny) generation is $49. You can also get 4gb current gen nano's for $169 or previous generation (the super skinny ones) at $79 for the 1gb or $129 for the 4gb.

Good luck on your purchase!
  15. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

Nov 19, 2004
    It's official, I am now the proud owner of an orange iPod Shuffle and I love this little guy. Off to school I go! Tomorrow morning.:D
  16. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

Apr 14, 2006
    Clemson, SC