have a trouble with a trackpad button

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Allaview, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Allaview macrumors newbie

I have a trouble with a trackpad button of my two-day old MacBook (2.0 13” white), which is sometimes irresponsive to my click. I experience that there are some (less than 5 %) missing clicks. I never had this trouble with other Apple laptops. I would like to know how often this problem happens on other MacBooks. I am using the left side of the click (right side is well responsive, but I do not use the side). I previously owned three Powerbooks (G3, G4 15.4”, G4 17”). I know how to click the buttons. I really do not like the missing clicks.

The representative in the Apple store did not agree with me; however, I tried to demonstrate the missing clicks. I believe that I showed at least four times out of around 250 clicks (he still did not agree with me; why not?). Clicks are very personal habit. The representatives could not recreate the problem I have with the MacBook. Anybody can advise me?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I've heard the MacBooks don't respond well with the Ignore Trackpad While Typing option. Maybe try toggling this. :)