Have a weblog? What is your provider

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bubbasteve, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Do any of you have a weblog? If so who do you write with (i.e. blogger, xanga, modblog)... I'm interested to see what is everone's personal favorite weblog provider.

I use xanga

2. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

.Mac and iWeb, before that I had Wordpress and before that I had Google's blogger service. And I absolutely hate xanga.

3. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

Behind Infinity. Powered by Wordpress. Generously hosted by Ambitious Lemon.

Dude, I'm sorry, but I have to say this. Xanga is so 8th grade. So is Livejournal. If you're not going to DIY, Typepad and Blogger are the only blogging hosts which, if used, will allow you to be taken seriously by anyone over the age of 14.

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

i'm think about going with .Mac, seeing how i have iWeb,

5. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I use Wordpress with Gallery2 on my website (R1CH4RD.ORG). It's all hosted by NetPivotal. I have no complaints. I use it to mostly post my juggling videos and random pictures with the odd link or two to interesting pages.

6. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

blogger is pretty good, and I even have a handy widget that lets me post to it, or I can email a special address and it posts.

I wish iWeb would work with blogger, or atleast let you publish to something other then .mac, I'm not paying ~ $120 a year for it.

7. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

greatdevourer.net/blog, which reminds me - I really ought to update the sig

EDIT: Ooops, forgot to answer the question. Wordpress 2.0.1 on Dreamhost

8. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

I'm also on blogger and find it quite nice and flexible. It also seem to rate my blog unbelievably high on google! Anyone else noticed this?

A

9. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

A Small Orange + Serendipity.

I'd like to try some other blog applications out though.

10. fitinferno macrumors 6502

Definitely going to agree on the statement about Xanga and LiveJournal...I wouldn't put them in the category of blogs, personally, though I suppose it could be argued they are...

As for myself, I'm still contemplating: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=177775

11. Bubbasteve thread starter macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I used blogger before I used xanga... I liked blogger but I thought xanga was easier to customize (I have no idea about html and web design so maybe blogger would be more customizable)

I'm looking into a free weblog provider...wordpress seems good but I am hoping for more ideas.

If I were to pay for webspace I would pay for a .mac account to utilize iWeb

12. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

A Small Orange + WordPress. Have also used Blogger in the past, and it's very good. Have also hosted with A2 Web Hosting and they were pretty good also.

13. Bubbasteve thread starter macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I'm liking the look of word press... amacgenius I love your layout. I would assume you designed that yourself. I have no experience with web design whatsoever so designing a website is sort of out of the picture with me...are there any additional layouts/themes for wordpress on the web?