Have ADD? see Day Break on ABC.com

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by flyfish29, Jan 28, 2007.

1. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Did anyone here watch the show on ABC called Day Break? It was a show about a guy reliving the same day over and over. The big news is they are now posting new episodes starting Jan. 29th for the next several Mondays. The show was cancelled a month ago. I thought it was AWESOME.

It is a show made for those of us with ADD. The repitition of the show prevented me from having to rewind on my TIVO as much as i do other shows. Anyway, anyone else catch the show during its short life? If you have not check out ABC.com to see past episodes...very fast paced show which is another reason ADD suffers should enjoy it- kind of like our lives everyday!!!!

catch a link here http://abc.go.com/primetime/daybreak/index.html

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I don't mean to be a fly in the ointment, but what's the deal with this show?

I don't think it could be any more like Groundhog Day.

3. flyfish29 thread starter macrumors 68020

flyfish29

It is similar to groundhog day in that it repeats, but the storyline was good, the acting was good and it kept my attention for one hour which is not always possible except with the best of shows. Action shows rarely keep my attention but this one did for some reason.

It is only the second movie/show that I know of that has a premise that repeats like this one does...you can't no say that for any other storyline in Hollywood...besides, it is in no way a comedy, but an action show...

4. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Been a loyal viewer since the beginning. Did not know it was cancelled. That sucks! but seeing as the premise is a short lived on, I did not expect the series to continue past one season, unlike LOST which the story gets made up as it goes along...

It's very similar to Groundhog Day in that he re-lives the same day over and over again, but unlike GhD, if he gets hurt in the previous day, the injury carries over to the new day. (He got shot one day, and he woke up the next day covered in blood. He'll have a mighty time explaining this to his girlfriend :)) All this, while trying to solve a murder mystery.

The joy is riding along with our protagonist as the choices he makes have serious unintended consequences and the clues he discovers along the way help unfold the story layer by layer, unlike LOST which is just rubbish...

5. flyfish29 thread starter macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Yeah, I guess ratings were not awesome so they canned it...online they said one reason was viewers (or lack of) and the other was something to do with music rights?? Anyway, I agree- it could never go past one season and was never intended to, but ABC should have kept it on for the season instead of some of the trash they put on now with reality, etc. The sad thing is they have all the eps in the can and could easily show them.

Luckily for us they are going to release them online.

6. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

...or maybe you've just seen the same episode several times?

:)p !)

7. flyfish29 thread starter macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Wow, now that you mention it they did seem to be alike:D

No Wonder I could follow the show on TV so easily while multitasking (surfing MacRumors among other things)!

8. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I started to watch it, but then my mind wandered onto other things...

... Sorry. :eek:

:D :p

9. flyfish29 thread starter macrumors 68020

flyfish29

:D

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I liked it too... I missed a couple of episodes, so maybe I can see them online now? :) I wonder if you can save the video from the online version using the Firefox plugin or anything like that?