Have any of you used this eBay seller?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mfisch017, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Mfisch017 macrumors newbie

Mar 10, 2007
    Ok, I've been wanting to buy a iBook for quite some time, I don't really care too much about the harddrive as mostly, and will probally upgrade the ram to the max. My use for the iBook will be surfing the web and doing some VERY minor gamming on it. I don't know but to me these prices don't seem very correct, I mean 239$ for an iBook, the hd kinda...sucks (20 gigs) but idc like I said...I really don't like the description the seller left can you guys just check it out for me? or maybe you had some previous experiance with this seller. thanks :)

heres the link

Sorry if my grammer/spelling isn't too great, english is my second langauge :p
  2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Aug 30, 2006
    If you look at his feedback there seem to be plenty of happy customers who have purchased laptops from him.
  3. Mfisch017 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 10, 2007
    Yea, but seriously to me that prices seems a bit too low, and does the "cd" mean OS X disk?
  4. dwl017 macrumors 6502a

Mar 10, 2007
    Murder Capitol DC
    Its a G3 and its old so the price is right plus the photos might not show hard usage and lots of wear and tear.
  5. Mfisch017 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 10, 2007
    im not really too conserned (I hope its not too bad though.) about that what I am conserned about is If the disk (I have emailed the seller :p) are included, I do feel much better that Ik the prices May b resonable, I have only been a Mac user for nearly a year :p

Also how does this PayPal protection work? (have never used eBay before :p can you tell lol?)
  6. shu82 macrumors 6502a

Jan 10, 2007
    Rocket City, AL
    CD just means cd-rom drive. I have bought a few ibooks on ebay, and they never come with disks unless they are in the picture. A clean install of panther is all you really need. Tiger will run just as fine. I really wouldn't worry about the paypal protection, but I would use it. His prices reflect the fees he will be charged by paypal. Make sure to get it insured. It is an ok deal, but I have seen a them for 199. I would try for the 700 16mb vram, or the 800 32mb vram, if you want to stream video really well (youtube, dailymotion stuff).
  7. sasaf macrumors newbie

Mar 11, 2007
    Try deal macc

try Deal mac there are some very cool deals posted here.
    I am looking to uppgrade in the next few months and I stop by there every day to look around. Uh yes and I am not connected to them in any way.
    I saw some refurbed G3 ibooks there for the same price you were offered by the ebay guy.
    I am not sure I would invest in a G3 at this time though. But you have your reason I guess.
    Happy shopping
    peace care & trust
  8. yojitani macrumors 68000

Apr 28, 2005
    An octopus's garden
    Just to point out that this computer is a CD-read only drive. Personally, I would at least want a combo (CD-RW, DVD-R) drive.

9. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens
    This machine is not worth $240, maybe to the seller and someone ELSE it is.

but not a MR member.

this machine is $200 maybe, and $150 more likely.