Have Apple Changed The Way You Replace Headphones?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Chrismcfall, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Chrismcfall macrumors 6502

I got my UPS headphones parcel today, and I was a bit taken aback to realise that you have to wait to get the new headphones now. Also, I had to put my broken headphones into a box, which kind of folded into itself. I usually get a padded envelope with a label on the front to put them in. So, I guess I have to wait for my new headphones now. Great. Will I be getting another set of the old ones, or will I get the new designs? Thanks, Chris. :)

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

That's crazy. They used to say to just throw your headphones out. They probably changed it, because people like me were abusing it, and getting free headphones whenever the wanted. (sorry dude :p )

3. john789 macrumors member

Replacement

How do you get replacement headphones? where do you have to go? and is it for free? well thanks to the person above they changed it but i forgive you. I need to change mine because the right side sound is lower than the left.

4. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Maybe it's you...hearing loss? :confused:

Anyway, if you go to an Apple Store, sometimes they will switch it out right there. Depends on how long ago you made the purchase, though.

5. john789 macrumors member

No it is not hearing loss:mad: ....but thanks i will try that

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

How long after you purchased it will they replace them, it doesn't really matter for me since I got rid of mine when they died, but it would be nice to know for the future.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I make sure to buy a good pair that doesn't need replacing.;)

8. john789 macrumors member

Yes its tru because the headphones that come with the new ipods looks so fragile that i not even using them..im using and old pair i found somewhere. Do you know of any good headphones out there that are good but not expensive? the apple ones are 29 something and i think that's way too expensive for something that is going to brake up in a couple of months....

9. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I never liked the white iPod earphones. They sound too muddy to me and I use a pair of black sony earphones instead.

10. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I think you'll get the new designed buds. They used the same procedure when they replaced my nano. Don't worry, it was extremely fast. I think it took about four days total from the time I spoke with support. Everything was shipped overnight.

Day 1: Spoke with Apple Support rep
    Day 2: Got the box (DHL picked up the nano 1/2 hour later)
    Day 3: Apple got the nano
    Day 4: I got the new nano

Simply amazing, East to West coast 3 times in about 4 days time:apple:

11. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Yes, I bought a pair of Shure e2cs and they're wonderful!

12. buffalomike macrumors newbie

If you want good sound skip the apple ear buds. Find a stereo shop that sells Grado headphones and take a listen. Well worth the $:)

Mike

13. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

They "Shure" have changed the way I replaced headphones. The standard buds were so awful that I bought a set of Shure E4Cs - best headphones I have ever owned. My wife has the E2Cs and the E4Cs are a much better set - smaller yet better sounding. You can pick them up NIB on eBay for less than 1/2 retail price.

14. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I did this twice!

All you have to do is bring the iPod headphones to an Apple Store and they replace them for free.

15. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I wish I would've known this before I spent $30 on Apple Headphones a couple months ago. My old headphones were not staying in the minijack in my iPod anymore.

16. butaro macrumors regular

Wait....
    If my IPOD earphones dont work i can get replacement ones from APPLE????
    Why didnt i know this a few months ago!!!!
    I bought a 5th gen iPod video in May 2006(i have receipt and everything) from the start the left ear-bud didnt work... i hated the style of them so i didnt care to go back to best-buy and complain.
    Am i still eligible to get these replacements? How do i go about it? Call up apple??
    !!!!!

17. Chrismcfall thread starter macrumors 6502

Right, So according to apple I should have got some new headphones at the same time as returning the old ones. I also sent them back in the wrong packaging! I sent them back in the foldable cardboard box thing you send iPods back in. Should be getting new headphones in "4-5 Working Days" as of yesterday.