I hope I have done the right thing and would appreciate any thought regarding this matter! When the new imac was announced in October I decided that the 2011 model was more suitable for my needs. So ordered one from an online retailer and was promised delivery 7 days later. But the order was put back a further 2 weeks until I was finally advised that it was out of stock! I wasn't vey happy to say the least. So thought that I would just have to sit it out like quite a few people on here and await the arrival of the new one in November! Today I visited the site I placed my original order with a lo and behold there was this listed: http://www.very.co.uk/apple-imac-mc...1141692472.prd?browseToken=/b/4294958003,4877 Now i realise that the new 2012 model will be available from this Friday. But there were just certain things about the 2011 model that I needed over the new one. I.e the optical drive and the ability to upgrade the ram if need be! My current windows pc is nearly 10 years old now. Has puny ram and only a 500mb hardrive. I will not be playing games. And will only be using it for web surfing, a bit of photo editing and my music collection of approx 7000 songs. Nothing serious. I was just fed up with the whole windows experience of continuous updates, scans that bog everything down. Viruses and stuff running in the background that slowed everything down! Also I'm 57 yrs old and pretty comp illiterate so just want something easy to use. I do own an iad3 and iPhone 4S and get on very well with them! Anyway. To cut a long story short I realise I have paid the same price as the upcoming new imac. But the management are considering reverting the price back to the original order price of £999 because of all the trouble I have had!! Have I done the right thing!!?!!