Have i wasted my money

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by daneoni, Jan 10, 2007.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

So Parallels Desktop arrived at my door today and i installed it no qualms. I then try to update to the latest build and it wont accept my Activation Key?. Have i wasted money buying a parallels version thats last century?.

2. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

You're trying to use a version of Parallels from the 90's? I didn't even know it existed back then. What system are you trying to run it on? Keys from older versions and for other operating systems may not work on newer versions.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

You should be able to upgrade. If you're having problems with your key, contact their customer service.

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

C2D MBP. OS X/XP

5. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

Did you buy the boxed version or from the internet ? You should be able to upgrade to the latest version if you bought it recently, which I assume you did.

6. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

It was the boxed version and yes i bought it two weeks ago max.

7. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

Are you upgrading to the latest stable or the beta ? In the latest beta, it states this

You should contact Parallels support, they should be able to help you if all you want to do is upgrade to the latest stable build.

8. Tractor Boy macrumors newbie

Try swapping '0's (zeros) and 'O's (the letter O) in your activation key.
    There was almost no difference between them in the activation key printed on the card. I had to try several combinations before I found one that worked.

9. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni