Have most of the MacBook defects been fixed in the C2Ds?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tekhna, Jan 10, 2007.

1. tekhna macrumors newbie

I am wanting a MacBook, but I am leaving the country for an extended period of time so I just cannot deal with all the stuff that happened with the first generation. It's pushing me back towards wanting a PC laptop. I just need some peace of mind here that this would be the right decision, because I can't have a bad battery, display, case seperation, wrist slicing, etc.. as I will be nowhere near anywhere that can fix it.

thanks!

2. ForeverUnknown macrumors regular

3. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I did extensive research before purchasing a C2D Macbook. From all the defects that I read about in the CD Macbook, none have occurred (so far and *knocks on wood*) on my Macbook. I would recommend getting it.

4. tekhna thread starter macrumors newbie

I've seen that, I just wish Apple's reliability record weren't the thing pushing me away. :(
    I need something I can depend on, and it just doesn't look like it's a MacBook. Which sadly keeps me in the PC world.

5. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

That website concerns Core Duo Macbooks. Core 2 Duos have been fixed.

6. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

I got a c2d macbook and i too read a lot of bad things about the cd mbs but mine is perfect, no whine/moo and it runs a little hot but for christ's sake its a computer, its not supposed to be cold.

7. Paul Wright macrumors regular

Paul Wright

I got a C2d and as Mac'Mo said it runs a little hot, but i like it, keeps my left leg warm anyway :) i would only care if it became too hot to the touch, if you go onto apple defects and look at the airport issues theres a bit on C2D and ive had that, and the only other thing at the moment is a slightlyt misaligned case, but thats getting sorted and the LCD was uinevenly lit.

8. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Sometimes, on the Internet, things get blown out of proportion. I'm not sure if this is what happened with the macbook/macbook pro horror stories, but if I had to take a shot in the dark, I would tell you not to listen to everything you hear on the net. I would buy an old or new macbook with confidence. As long as it was covered by applecare :D .
    Just my $.02

9. Paul Wright macrumors regular

Paul Wright

i agree, like the issure with the mac safe power cable where it fried or something, this happened to one person and everyone went mad. well everyone here did anyway :cool: