Have or will you buy music from Apple?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Stelliform, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I have bought 4 songs already. This service was exactly what I was looking for.

Have any of you bought music?

2. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

I bought a couple of songs last night, it worked flawlessly.

It's definitely worth it.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I wanted to but couldn't as I live outside the US (and do not have a billing address within the US).

4. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

Same here. I couldn't buy the music even if I wanted to. Until apple starts to allow international customers to use this service, the alternatives will no doubt continue to be used heavily.....

5. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

Even when it does come to Canada, I never will. I think it's a great idea. It may even help Apple gain alot of ground over M$. They have a great monopoly thing going here. However, the reason I will probably never buy something from them is because all the music I listen too comes from other record labels.

Dischord
    SST
    Lost & Found
    Frontier
    ROIR
    etc....

I don't listen to the kind of music they offer.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I have KaZaA and mIRC on my PC, I will NEVER buy music from Apple (or anyone).

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

nice! stick it to those artists!!

i'd buy stuff perhaps... but i'm not inclined to do so just yet. i certainly won't rule it out, but i just think i need the feeling of the physical cd there... and i usually want the liner notes and such.

8. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

hey, jethroted,
    you can request artists or songs for them to add to the database, and hopefully they will get it in there soon. They're planning on adding a lot more music every week, so get to work putting in suggestions so Apple can have the absolute best system anywhere!

JW

9. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

ill buy music when i download itunes 4 on my dialup;)

10. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

i have not found anything that i like there. my bf instead yes, and has bought as well ... i'll do an applescript for his imac "if itunes 4 has been running 12 seconds, quit the application" or something like that ... :rolleyes:

11. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Well, if the system would start processing credit cards again, I'd definitely buy. Would have spent quite a lot last night-- there are at least a handful of albums I need. But as of this morning, Apple still wouldn't take my money. Their loss.

pnw

12. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Bought one album (Steve Earle's 'Train a-Comin') and one song (Oingo Boingo's 'Little Girls'). Everything worked perfectly.

13. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Most probably not, unless I get really rich while the service is offered. :)

14. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Dude, I'm gettin' an iPod today and I'll start buying music from Apple as well (not that one necessarily has anything to do with the other). Granted, I'll usually only buy songs that I'm having a hard time acquiring by, ahem, other means...

15. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Does anyone think it's likely that there will eventually be Kiosks in the Apple stores where you can download and burn the CD? A lot of people don't have high speed (but I do :D ).

16. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Hey man, who knows, anything's possible. If Apple is porting iTunes/Apple Music Store to Windows, then anything's possible. Apple's making a play to get a nice slice of the music biz.

17. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

I was just looking up Public Enemy. It said people who bought songs from Public Enemy bought... Rush? and Kelly Clarkson? What's wrong with you people?

18. hacurio1 macrumors regular

Re: Have or will you buy music from Apple?

I bought a couple today! The selection is not great for the type of music I like, but the whole idea and concept is great. I really love how easy it is to integrate and use everything soo fast. Download, put it in your ipod, or burn it, or listen on itunes.
    Gota love it

19. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Hahahahahaha! Hilarious. Yeah, so few people have bought songs yet, it's pretty erratic. Late last night I went to U2's "exclusive tracks" and no one had bought one yet (at least that's what it said in the "people who bought this also bought" section). And if you went to the hip-hop section, Missy Elliot had, like, the top 8 songs. Over time, I'm sure the top sellers, etc. will resemble Amazon more. The Mac community is unique but not that unique - it's still 25 million strong.

20. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

I will buy few songs immediately when it's gonna be available worldwide.

21. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-Navy

<heh>

Welcome to Pattern Recognition technology before there is enough data collected to find a pattern to recognize.

That's funny as he** though :D

22. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

I guess I'm not one to talk...

I was looking at Public Enemy

I've downloaded...
    Stabbing Westward
    Ministry
    Depeche Mode
    Salt-N-Pepa

23. jadariv macrumors regular

I bought two songs yesterday and it worked pretty good. I'm excited about this service but trying not to get to excited.

You see, the pirating of music really has affected the industry. I don't care about joe blow college student who thinks if he can get something for free then he is entitled. This isn't about sticking it to some millionaire rock star. This is about an industry that supports tens of thousands of jobs. And working as a graphic artist on commercials for albums as my main way of supporting myself, i have been very lucky so far. But there are a lot of people out of work and a lot of businesses that have gone belly up because the record companies do not have the cash flow to support it.

Think of it this way. You buy a song instead of stealing it and you support me and what i do. I go to the grocery store, the video store, the book store, the burger joint and even the local library and support all of you.

There are only so many jobs out there. And when you steal songs and not buy them, you are putting a lot of people out of work which will affect everyone of us at some point.

Anyway, unsaddling from my horse now. My Steppenwolf tracks rock!

24. MorganX macrumors 6502a

MorganX

Bobby Brown
    Robn S
    Bob Marley
    Heavy D

Will probably get a whole lot of the Parliament stuff. I was surprised by the amount of old stuff they had, and how much they didn't have. It's going to do well.

25. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-jadariv

All great points, and I support you all the way.

I think the important thing to remember in thes (seemingly) ageless debate is that the Record Industry is just that, ann Industry. Not a Charity.

Money needs to flow, and Apple just made what I want available.