have u tried

Discussion in 'Community' started by krohde, Aug 19, 2003.

1. krohde macrumors member

Have u heard http://www.webmasters.com/ as your provider? I'm looking for a good host service and I just signed up with dot5 but then I came across this one. Any thoughts any one?

Thanks

KR

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm on my second year with dot5, and they've been damned reliable to be honest. Not one time have I had an issue where my email was unretrievable or my site failed to come up. They used to have support on IM, but stopped.

3. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

i can recommend www.alwayswebhosting.com - they're dirt cheap, but not that reliable

for reliability and good prices, check out www.sitehq.co.uk

although they're UK based, they host in canada and do provide for international customers.

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

www.alterahosting.com

they are actually pretty inexpensive. i got the cheapest plan. they only charge $1 for every 100MB of space that use over your quota and $1 per extra gig of bandwidth. not to mention they are super reliable and have excellent customer service.

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I also use do5 hosting i've had it about 6 months. They are pretty good, they have a live support (one of those dialogs, its on their support page) but i've usually had more succes with a series of emails. Its cool too because somehow my info doens't showup with most whois searches

6. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

I use http://www.lowesthosting.com/ -- don't really know if their prices are actually the lowest, but they give you unlimited bandwidth (with certain content restrictions). It's good for low- to moderate-traffic sites where you want to know just how much your bill will be. Their e-mail support is pretty good and quite timely.