Have You Bent Your iPod touch 5th Gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SomeDudeAsking, Dec 2, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Seeing as how the iPod Touch 5th Gen is much thinner than the iPhone 5 and also made of aluminum, have you bent your iPod Touch 5th Gen? There are tons of people who have bent their iPhone 5 from normal use and I am interested to see if there is a similar problem with the new iPod Touch. The iPod Touch 5th Gen doesn't have the same big cut outs for the volume buttons that the iPhone 5 does so it should resist forces better.

2. macrumors 601

Plutonius

No problems here but I'm careful with my Touch.

3. macrumors 6502a

4. macrumors newbie

No normal use of an electronic device should cause it to bend, I don't care how thin it is.

5. macrumors 65816

Hope it's not the case for the iPod touch 5th gen as well. If you use it like any other people normally would, I don't see how it would get bent.

6. macrumors 65816

I have a flimsy £2 rubber case on mine, and I've sat on it once in the dark dropped it when my headphones caught on a fence and had it in my back pocket and there's not a single scratch or bend or scuff anywhere to be seen.

I find it incredibly hard to believe those iPhones were bending by themselves.

I'm guessing they're just not up to owning up to being irresponsible and clumsy, and would rather blame Apple for their shortcomings.

7. macrumors member

8. macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

iPhone 5's are not bending from normal use. I don't care what anyone says, if they claim their iPhone just bent by itself, they are lying.

The iPod Touch 5th gen should also not bend from normal use. I do want to see pics of bent iPod's though :p

9. macrumors 6502

10. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

11. macrumors 601

Plutonius

I tried and it will not bend back :D (I couldn't find a photo of a bent iPod Touch).

[​IMG]

12. macrumors regular

Really? You did? Is that iPhone already broken before?

13. macrumors 601

Plutonius

It's not mine. I checked to see if there were any pictures on the internet showing a Touch being bent but could only find a picture of an iPhone being bent :D.

14. macrumors regular

Lol. What if it was photoshoped

15. macrumors regular

16. macrumors newbie

REPLY TO ALL
    it is possible for an ipod touch5 to bend. being that mine has bent itself.
    i dont know HOW it bent, i just noticed a lighter area on my display screen indicating the area it is bent at.
    i keep it in a 3 layer case so i dont know how its possible for it to bend through use.
    i take care of it, never dropped it. rarely sit on it. im starting to the think it was my CASE that warped it over time.
    if anyone has more information please let me know. thank you and i hope this was useful to others!

17. macrumors 65816

Pics?

18. macrumors regular

Pics or it didn't happen!

19. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

No. But I'm extremely disappointed with the build quality. The screen, specs etc. are all nice but the build quality is atrocious.

20. macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

Explain, please.

It's SOLID ALUMINUM and GLASS.

What do you mean the build is atrocious?

21. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

I'm getting a rattle from the camera area every time I gently tap the back. The aluminum is extremely soft. I have to keep it in a separate pocket from my keys, change etc. to keep it from looking like I sent it through a meat grinder. Never had that problem with other devices. All in all, it probably feels like the cheapest apple product I've bought. It's fine if you or others don't have a problem with it, but I'm just basing this off of my experience. And before anyone says it, the closest apple store is an hour and a half away.

22. macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

You'll get that rattle from a lot of products. Go pick up an iPhone or other and tap near the camera. You'll hear it, it's normal.

23. macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Lol solid aluminum. It's like 1/32" thick aluminum and 1/16" thick glass. Neither of those are particularly strong without perpendicular supports.

24. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

I'd honestly rather have plastic/polymer and gorilla class

25. macrumors newbie

It doesn't bend normally unless you gorillas bend your apple Devices. Go bend your crap if you want to, I'm not wasting 400 dollars