have you bought a 15" mbp recently?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by count chocula, May 18, 2006.

1. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

Apr 7, 2006
    noun. a particular place or position
    if so, is it having any of the famous problems?
  2. sjshaw macrumors regular

Feb 18, 2004
    I got my 15" MBP on Wednesday. It is a week 14 build and has the processor whine.
  3. TBi macrumors 68030

Jul 26, 2005
    I got mine on May 4th and it whines. I'm sending it back to apple because of the whine. A real shame as i have really grown to like this powerful laptop. Always thought the MBP/Powerbook was a bit ugly but owning it i can see the appeal of the look.

Might wait to get one when they are fixed or get a Macbook if they don't have issues.
  4. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Oct 1, 2005
    Ugly!?!? You got to be kidding. It's a beauty. If your into design and minimalism then the MBP/PB is for you.
  5. TBi macrumors 68030

Jul 26, 2005
    I loved the look of the 12" models but the small keyboard and big "speaker" grills on the bigger models always turned me off. However as i said, when i had one myself i grew to like the looks. Now i think the old 12" models are a bit plain. Too bad though my MacBook Pro on its way back to apple.
  6. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

Feb 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Seriously, the Macbook Pro is a piece of art! I've never seen a laptop with such a nice aluminum finish in a 1 inch thick casing. Pop the lid open and you've got the famous white glowing Apple on the back =)
  7. hithere macrumors member

May 19, 2006
    Hi there
    I got my 2.0 Mb 15 inches MacBook pro one month ago.
    It whines very very very seldom and as soon as some application like Photo Booth is launched, it stops until the next reboot (that can be in some days' time, as the system is very stable).
    Coming from a 1.33 g4 17 incher, I can say that it is way more portable, light and responsive.
    I do a lot of number crounching (with GNU R). The machine is rather fast. I hoped for something more, but it's ok. The dual core allows you to do real multitasking (R crounching numbers with one processor and the other one free for whatever you need to do).
    A surprise: the fan is never turning. Compared to the g4, this machine is extremely quiet.