Have you ever been on TV or radio?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacBoobsPro, Oct 31, 2006.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    Hehe. I was bored at work (still am) and there was a sound bite on the radio (Galaxy 105) and I sent a random text saying it sounded like Kirsty Gallacher from You've been framed.

I got a call back from Dan O'Connell the DJ and he asked if I could record a sound bite with him. I did and 1 minute later it was on. They mix it all in with what he is saying so it sounds live and spontaneous... seems weird! :D

Anyone else want to claim they are an A List Celeb like me?

I have also appeared on TV playing football :p
  2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    When I was a wee tot, I was on the news for being one of the first kids to ride the train at the Houston Zoo. I was about 3 months old at the time.

yeah, yeah I'm a star. :)
  3. thworple macrumors 6502

Oct 20, 2005
    Sussex, England
    Well, I present a show called ShortCutters on SKY channel 146 (Sumo TV). Its on at 10:30pm each night of interested. :D

I also used to be a film extra, and appeared in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Still Crazy, and Longitude to name a few.
  4. Willis macrumors 68020

Apr 23, 2006
    What feels like the middle of nowhere
    I've played a live set on Lincoln Uni Radio, Siren FM (formally Siren Online)

Was fun.
  5. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Feb 10, 2006
    Many times for protests.
    Only interviewed once, the rest were just me in a crowd...
  6. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    Several times when I was a kid. On radio for winning quizzes, or live spots - I was never shy about that for some reason.

A friend and I DJd an alternative show on the local University radio station back in the 80s. That was loads of fun.
  7. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    Radio: A bunch of times. I am a semi-regular caller to WBT 1110 AM talk radio here in Charlotte.

TV: A few times. I was on PBS here in NC back in 1986, when I led my high school's Quiz Bowl team to the state championships (unfortunately, we didn't win). I was also on the news a couple of years ago before the Panthers first preseason game... a local news reporter asked me if football was the most important thing, and I said no, but it was up there in the hierarchy of things. (Yes, I used the word "hierarchy" on TV. I am a geek.) And I'm pretty sure I was in a background shot at another Panthers event.

Newspaper: I was quoted in about 40 newspapers across the US last year concerning the Panthers cheerleader scandal down in Tampa... a reporter for the Charlotte Observer interviewed me to see what I thought about the whole thing, and the story ended up syndicated to all of the Knight Ridder newspapers. Click here to see the story. (Note: I never used the word "titillating". The reporter did. He asked if the story was titillating, and I said yes, it was. Somehow it ended up being my word.)
  8. dcv macrumors G3

May 24, 2005
    I phoned in to Capital Radio a few years ago. I never normally listen to the radio but for some reason I had tuned in that morning and they were playing this "Birthday Bonanza" game, where they randomly draw a birthday - if it's yours you phone in, if you get through you have to answer 3 multiple choice questions and can win something like £10,000. Well it just so happens it was my birthday... so I decided to call in and I was the first person on! Unfortunately I didn't get all the questions right so didn't win anything but I was a bit cheeky to Chris Tarrant :D A load of people from work and even local estate agents heard me on the radio and remembered it for years as I have a pretty unusual name :eek:

TV... no, only ever been in the audience on a couple of programmes and shown on TV for a split second.
  9. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    Yeh DCV is a bit weird :D
  10. dcv macrumors G3

May 24, 2005
    Says "MacboobsPro" :rolleyes: :D
  11. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    I was in the local papers often in high school, as I was on the speech and debate team and did pretty well (in competitions, not with the girls, even though you'd expect debate to be a real turn-on :rolleyes: ).

In college, I was the student in charge of my department's portion of the annual Engineering Open House. One of the participants went on a bathroom break, so I took over their display, which was a tornado box (pretty cool). A TV crew came up and started asking me questions. I knew nothing about it, so instead I discussed the tornado research facility with whom our department worked, the work they were doing to improve building codes, their large wind tunnels, etc. It made the local news for two nights in a row.

There was no tornado research facility.
  12. parrothead macrumors 6502a

Sep 24, 2003
    Edmonds, WA
    I was a regular guest on my friend's radio show on our Universtiy station. A massive 40 watts of broadcasting power! Also, I recorded a radio commercial when living in Australia. The needed someone with a US accent and I fit the bill. The ad played locally in Charters Towers and Townsville a few years ago. Does that count as my 15 minutes?
  13. beatsme macrumors 65816

Oct 6, 2005
    the band I was in played a live show on the college radio station. There must've been literally tens of listeners.

I wound up on TV when the event I was taping for the college TV station where I worked somehow came to the attention of the local news. Their camera guy got a shot of me at my camera, which was when I realized I needed to lose about 30 lbs. And I did.
  14. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    i've been on the jumbo tron at madison square garden a bunch of times :D
  15. bowens macrumors 6502a

Jun 19, 2006
    Trenton, FL
    I remember when I was a kid a couple of my little league baseball games being on the radio. I've also been on WSKY talk radio a couple times. One time I won tickets to a Nascar Truck race in Daytona and I called my wife to let her know as soon as I could, but somebody else had heard it and already called her. I've been on our local ABC quite a few times playing basketball in high school. Just highlights of games. Probably the coolest thing was an article written on me in the Gainesville Sun my senior year in high school. I was about to score my 2000th career point so they sent a reporter out. I hate being interviewed like that. The guy made my sound like an idiot.
  16. xsedrinam macrumors 601

Oct 21, 2004
    I had a radio program for about 7 years. TV a bunch of times.
  17. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I play on the local news a few times each year around paddy's day. Radio a few times, small local stations, right around when we let out our cd.
  18. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Yup, I was on TV standing behind the G4 cast for about two hours during their live E3 coverage. I even recorded myself :D
  19. Markleshark macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2006
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    I was on one of those Fly-on-the-wall things when I dislocated my ankle. Have it on tape and everything... :D
  20. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    You've hurt my feelings dcv. MacBoobsPro is my middle-name. :(
  21. BoyBach macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2006
    Apparently I've been on Italian TV, but I didn't see it.
  22. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    You wouldnt have because you were being filmed :D
  23. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I've been on a few things intentionally - Blockbusters (UK quiz show) at 17, the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony in Edinburgh, BBC Radio 5 two Christmases ago ranting about Amazon UK's crap service.

But I did end up on a BBC main news clip that was shown on the two main evening broadcasts, Newsnight, BBC 24 and BBC World entirely inadvertently. A few years ago, I was in California visiting my friend who, despite being a Democrat for years, wanted Arnie to be governator. So we ended up at a rally where I had my hand enthusiastically pumped by Arnie... and got caught by, of all things, a BBC camera crew who were there, assuming I was American and an Arnie fan. :eek: Got home to find lots of people at work very very confused :confused:
  24. BoyBach macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2006

You could be right. It was a sports/news programme (I was hanging onto the side of a wire fence watching Michael Schumacher practice) so it may have been a live broadcast!

That's brilliant!

"Yeah, I just flew over to the States to show my support for Arnie..." :D
  25. njmac macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    I've been cooking on Food Network several times. I hate seeing myself on TV, I briefly glimpsed myself on one of Bobby Flay's Throwdown's a few weeks ago and freaked out... I was just as bad as I thought I'd be :eek:

I would love to be on the radio though :). I should start a podcast: FoodNetworkInsider ;) hahaha, yeah, that would get me fired pretty quick!