Have You Ever Dreamed About Mac?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by beerpara, Jun 16, 2005.

1. beerpara macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,

Recently, I've been mulling over the decision to jump in and buy a new powerbook (which I really need soon!), or wait a few weeks and see if anything happens with the intel decision. Well, I've probably been thinking about it a little to much, because I've been having dreams about new Mac products/rumors.

The first dream I had involved a new product that I'm not quite sure what the purpose was for. It was small, yellow, and squishy. It fit in a person's ear. I think it might have been some sort of controller, or portable iSight.

Last night I dreamt that a friend of mine had an apple website from the future (couldn't we all do with one of those?) It showed us that new Mac Minis were coming out on July 25. And, (this was good news for me) from July 7, the price of the Powerbooks had fallen by around 500 bucks across the line. Could this be ESP, or a result of too much cheap Japanese beer?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has ever had any Mac-related dreams, and have these ever came true?

Peace! :)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Arrrr, that be a Saturday. 'Tis unlikely, at best. :(

I sleep with my iBook so I'm often having dreams about her sensual white body rubbing against mine in a misty fog somewhere near heaven...

Right, I'll just go and get a life now. Far too much self analysis happening at the moment... :(

3. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

i had a dream that i came back to my college for a reunion weekend and they gave us all PC laptops, i was like oh great guess i can sell this on ebay and get some money out of it at least

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I had a dream a while back that I ordered a cool computer that was white and the next week my grandpa ordered me an iBook. (I had never heard of an iBook).

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah I admit I did have dreams about Macs. I can't remember any specifics anymore though. I just know I had dreams involving Macs/Apple.

6. beerpara thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, It works out to a be a Monday, so it could be possible. Mini fans would have to wait another 6 weeks though. :rolleyes:

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Thanks, I'm always getting my J months mixed up when I'm using my pirate voice. :eek:

It'd just be plain freaky if it happened... :eek:

8. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I always dream about products when I order them and while I am waiting for them to arrive.

9. generationxwing macrumors 6502

generationxwing

A dream is why I am buying a Mac in the first place. Seriously.

Months ago, I had a dream I was buying one from my work. I work in a hardware store. I know it makes no sense, but I was buying one and for some reason I really liked it.

I haven't used a Mac since grade 9 computers, back in 1996.

When I woke up, I remembered the dream very vividly. I still do as a matter of fact. I felt compelled by that dream, so I began to research Macs through websites (this one) and talking to a friend of mine who loves Apple. Needless to say he was surprised, given all the ***** I'd talked about Mac when really, I didn't know ***** about them.

So, ever since that dream I've decided to buy a Mac. Eventually, I'll have one; probably within this year. If I never had that dream, I may never have decided to even think about getting one.

10. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

That wasn't a dream it was an epiphany :D

11. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

WOW......can'y believe you posted this thread lol.... I had a dream about an iBook last night. :eek: It's actually the third one about Apple computers lol

12. Tilmitt macrumors member

I had a bad dream about my PowerBook that's currently ordered about a week ago. I can't remember any details but I think it was something like getting a pc laptop or something. It wasn't a nice dream.

13. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

I actually had a dream recently where I woke up and the entire OS had changed! I didn't know where anything was, and there was a MS taskbar where the dock should have been. :eek: Terrifying.

14. Merf macrumors regular

Oh yeah. Way tooooooo Often. I remember one I had about a year ago. It was about the Powerbook G5. All my friends had one but not me for some damn reason. I woke up I was like damn I got to get me a Powerbook G5. Then I figured it out it was a dream. I was sad.

How about other dreams? Like Alien dreams anyone have any of those? Or Maybe ones about fighting the devil? Those get to be weird.

Merf

15. sakasune macrumors member

Steve said that the new Macintels won't start shipping until around June 2006 (he said around WWDC next year).

16. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I had this really weird dream in which someone was trying to steal my PowerBook!
    so I ran away, kept my PB, blah bla blah, took the guy to court, where he had to take off his ski mask..
    and it was
    STEVE JOBS trying to steal my PowerBook!

I have NO idea of what that meant, hahaha.
    Maybe it was prophetic and I will meet Steve Jobs but have him steal my PB... Hmmm...

17. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I don't know if this counts, but whenever I'm doing something in my daily life and I mess up, my brain automatically blurts out 'apple+Z'! :)

18. Sirus The Virus macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

I've had a few dreams.....alot of dreams about Macs. The ones that where to worst where when I didn't have a Mac, and I would dream that I got a Powerbook, it was just totally perfect and totally maxed out. I had this dream more than once. Then I would take it out of the box, and sit it on my desk to charge overnight. I would actually wake up in the morning and look for it. The dream was just so real.

The week before I got my iMac I would check the FedEx status every half hour. Then the day It was supposed to arrive I sat in my front yard all day. It finnally arrived but it took forever! Thats a true story.

19. toothpaste macrumors 6502

NO.

20. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Just last week I had a dream about the apple store opening at Woodland Mall. It was I was first in line then Steve Jobs showed up and since I was first in line he showed me around the store (which was HUGE) then gave me all this free stuff then left... I can only dream. :cool:

21. 3lions macrumors member

hehehe, yea i've been dreaming about an apple notebook for 6 months now :D

22. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I've had dreams about Counter-Strike... Yes, I'm a CS addict :eek:

23. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

not that i recall but i may have( i think about macs that much)

24. beerpara thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm aware of that. All I'm waiting for in a bit of a price drop for the current Powerbooks. C'mon Steve, you know you wanna do it! :D

25. DJC17 macrumors member

Whatever you've been smokin, can I have some dude?? :D :cool: