Have You Ever Noticed This?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by HermanTheGerman, Mar 17, 2007.

1. HermanTheGerman macrumors member

If you add album artwork to a particular album, all the correspending songs increase in their size (as the artwork gets added to each individual track).

However, if you undo this action, the individual track size remains at the artwork-existing level (thus, no reduction of track size by removing the artwork occurs). :(

If you have some 100 GB of music, this adds up to several hundred megabytes.

I am not aware if this still occurs in 7.1.1., but it definitly did in 7.x.x (last time I tried was in the middle of last year).

Any workarounds? :confused:

2. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

This happens cause it adds the art work to the MetaData [or the ID3 tag info] for each song, which gets the artwork added to. When you undo it, it just deletes the artwork form the album artwork folder. I can't remember where its located at the moment however.

3. HermanTheGerman thread starter macrumors member

Did it return to your mind?

4. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

Do a search for 'Album Artwork' in Spotlight. Then right click on the folder it finds named Album Artwork, and select Reveal in Finder.

And there you have it.

5. HermanTheGerman thread starter macrumors member

As far as I know, the Album Artwork happens to be the standard folder iTunes automatically stores (and likewise automatically removes) the artwork in. But how do I remove the artwork from the songs themselves after having removed it from iTunes :confused:

6. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

The artwork is usually in the /music/iTunes/Album Artwork folder

7. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

I am not exactly sure on how to completely remove the artwork. I just know how to do it in iTunes its self.