have you ever noticed/wondered

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mkaake, Sep 13, 2003.

1. mkaake macrumors 65816

have you ever wondered what program apple uses to make all of it's fancy smancy graphs on it's web pages? is that just from a graphics program do you think, or is it from a spreadsheet program? i was just poking around apple.com today and started thinking more and more about how keynote was used at the keynotes for quite a while but no-one picked up on it... could they be doing the same thing here, or am i just desperate for a rumor between all of these power book guesses?

matt

2. LimeLite macrumors 6502a

LimeLite

Um, what would be from a spreadsheet program?

3. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

4. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

you can achieve all the stuff on the apple site in photoshop with a plugin or two (the glass one from AlienSkin will do all kinds of cool stuff), or even illustrator in the right pair of hands

5. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I always liked the Apple graphs, especially the new ones. They are just so typical Apple.

But I don't know what they use to make them. :(

6. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

They've found yet another application of the "Aqua" theme that just looks sooo good!

Maybe that's how they do it, a subset of they've interface builder developer system??

7. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

hmmm... i guess i surf Apple.com less often these days.

which graphs? link?

8. iGav macrumors G3

You don't even need a plug-in to achieve the 'Aqua' look... when I used to teach Multimedia, the 'Aqua' look was the most requested "How can we do that??" question....

I spent so much time explaining to people why they shouldn't rip it off just for styles sake... suffice to say, come the end of a project 2/3 of all the projects handed in would use some kind of 'Aquafied' graphics in their work... :rolleyes: :p :p

9. mkaake thread starter macrumors 65816

lil to lazy to link, but try any of the G5 pages...

i know you could do stuff with that in photoshop, but it just kinda struck me as i was looking at one of them (not only, man, those look ten times better than excel) i thought about how keynote was used before our eyes for some time without us ever noticing...

*sigh*

and yes, i am desperate.

matt

10. mkaake thread starter macrumors 65816

you ever use excel?

if it wasn't a ps job, then there's usually a table associated with said graph...

matt

11. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i remember something about apple and filemaker. does filemaker mak graphs? if not, they probably are using thier own app that they're keeping from us again;)
    omnigraffle?

12. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

They also use a secret Apple corporate only program to both design their new products and a lotto system to randomly generate a release date for a certain product. That's why we don't have new PowerBooks, because Steve picked a date that is for sometime in the late future. Damn, how the lotto sucks!

13. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i think we should have a cheese fest every other month. it gives me a chance to suck the helium out of balloons!:p

oops. wrong window. i think we should have a new apple release every other month so i can suck the helium out of balloons!:p

14. hayesk macrumors 65816

Shhh! It's the spreadsheet component of Apple's upcoming MS Office killer - iOffice.

Just kidding, I think it's a photoshop job. They took a real graph, aquified the bars, and put in a G5-looking background.