Have you ever tried pet food or treats?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMeowbot, Aug 12, 2006.

Have you tried any of these pet foods?

1. Dry food (kibble)

5 vote(s)
  2. Canned food

6 vote(s)
  3. Biscuits/cookies

10 vote(s)
  4. Other pet treats

7 vote(s)
  5. Small animals from outdoors

0 vote(s)
  6. Other (fish flakes, meal worms, etc.)

2 vote(s)
  1. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    The ice cream thread got me to wondering. Have you ever been curious about the stuff you feed you pet and tried it? Even a teensy bit?

For the record, over the years I've tried:

Choice Morsels (and old brand of semi-dry cat food): yucky

Fish-flavored cat puffs (kind of like cheese puffs, but with a fish instead of cheese taste): tolerable, but one was enough to last a lifetime.

Frosty Paws: tastes like the old non-dairy infant formula. Blecch.

Alpo (on a dare as a kid): That's a taste I'll never forget, unfortunately.

Milk Bone biscuits: I used to get into these when I was little, kind of liked them. These days I get coated ones for the pup, but I haven't been curious enough to try (they smell kind of nasty).
  2. ham_man macrumors 68020

Jan 21, 2005
  3. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Apr 16, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    hahahah! no... but my friend has! he sad that it was sickening.
  4. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

Sep 8, 2005
    Other pet treats, as you know from the other thread. :D But I only tried a tad.

I didn't really think you'd post it.... :]
  5. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

May 4, 2002
    Go Vegan
    I haven't but, my younger brother did once (cat dry food). He could barley break it with his teeth and he said it was dry and awful. Oh the poor things brothers make other brothers do. :rolleyes: :p
  6. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    The woman says:

"A long time ago. I've only tried cat food. The dry food was gross, but the canned food wasn't as bad."
  7. CompUser Guest

I used to eat dog biscuits when I was little.

This is hilarious that this thread came up.

Yesterday I was at my friends birthday party. A lot of her friends gave her candy, and one of them included horse biscuits (she has horses). So she was giving me candy, and she gave me one of the horse biscuits to eat without telling me it was a horse biscuit. She and another girl were like "omg these are so good, these are my favorite". So I wasn't really paying attention, I was watching a movie, so I ate the biscuit. And after I swallowed I was like "That was f***ing gross, it tastes like a dog biscuit. How do you like these things, they are so dry and...". The girl said "OMG you actually ate that- we though you would have caught on" and she laughed hysterically.

Additionally funny, I was eating a fireball when she gave me the horse biscuit, which means I was holding the biscuit for like 10min and I didn't even notice.
  8. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    The question being polled is a "Have you" or have you not, so shouldn't there be an option for members that haven't tried any of those delectible treats above :confused:

IOW i haven't :p
  9. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    I think I chewed on some Meow Mix when I was a kid.
  10. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Gross... since there are less stringent requirements as to what goes in pet food compared to human food, I've never been in the least bit tempted to try any of them...
  11. iMeowbot thread starter macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    We already know this is an unusual thing to do, and it's probably for the best not to know how unusual :D
  12. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Dog chocolate and biscuits can be surprisingly good... I used to share with the (extended) family dog when I was a kid... I've also been known to steal sunflower seeds from the birds' stash... :)

Regular pet food, canned or dry, and all cat "treats", on the other hand, seems just too revolting to try... ;)
  13. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

Mar 19, 2004
    A series of tubes
    I tasted canned cat food once. Just a tiny bit on the tip of a spoon. It tasted like canned meat, but I'd probably puke if I ate any more than a "tiny" bit. That was years ago, so I would not attempt this disgusting feat again.
  14. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

Jan 14, 2006
    Montreal, Quebec
  15. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Feb 10, 2006
    I've never tried cat or dog food, but once at zoo camp they gave us dry polar bear food as a joke and I actually ate it. I didn't throw it back up so it wasn't that bad, but it was dry and hard as a rock. I felt bad for the polar bears.
  16. dogbone macrumors 68020

Sep 16, 2005
    S33.687308617200465 E150.31341791152954
    I went to a play once that started out with someone opening a tin of dogfood and eating it.
  17. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

Nov 21, 2005
    Raleigh, NC
    I had a dog biscuit once. I was about 7 years old. My little sister had a puppy theme birthday party. My mom baked cookies that looked identical to dog biscuits and hid them throughout the house for all the little kids to find. About a week after the party I found a "cookie" sitting on a book shelf. I figured that they must have missed one and happily took a bite. Turns out it was a real dog biscuit. Why anyone would ever eat one of those intentionally is beyond me. It tasted terrible.
  18. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    when I was about 6, I ate a dog biscuit.

I'll never forget that taste.

It was so gross...

I forget what prompted it, but it was probably my own fault. I was a dumb little kid.

(think smaller version of my present-day self.
  19. Deepdale macrumors 68000

May 4, 2005
    New York
    Sampling a Milk Bone will have to wait until my bark is perfected.
  20. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    When you open up a can of cat food and see chunky bits of vein in there, it doesn't set you salivating... that's for sure.