Have you had a bad experience of plastic surgery?

Discussion in 'Community' started by JamesG, Jan 25, 2005.

1. JamesG macrumors newbie

Have you had a bad experience with plastic surgery?

Hi everyone... BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat are doing a report on plastic surgery this coming Friday (28th Jan) and we're looking for someone who has had a bad experience of plastic surgery to talk about it. We'd like to do an interview about why you decided to have something done... and why it was such a disaster.

If you'd like to be in the programme, please drop me an email at my Hotmail address Galaxy1056@hotmail.com or you can use my BBC one - James.Gordon at bbc.co.uk

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Your first post EVER on MacRumors and this is it? Beyond weird...

Surgery on my e-penis went horribly wrong not long ago, it's still far to big and needs further reduction in order to make me less of a jackass.

3. iGav macrumors G3

Well a few years ago I ended up in an intimate situation with someone who'd had her boobs done, and they were pretty scary... far too firm and kind of bumpy in not the right places. Not necessarily a bad experience for me though, but still kind of a shocker when you're not expecting them.

So can I be on the radio??? :D

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    haha i think pamela anderson has had a bad experience :D

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

This is bizzare. Wasn't there some stupid reality show about this recently?

iGAV: I had a similar experience once - too unnatural for me, looks and feels like what it is: a bag of silicone. Don't do it ladies!!!

6. iGav macrumors G3

Maybe it was the same lady :eek: :p :p :p

The scaring was the worst though, it looked sooooo painful.

I can understand someone wanting it done for say reconstructive purposes, but are the size of them really that important knowing that you'll end up scarred, require major maintenance once a decade, and the possible health risks associated with them??

7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

LOL. :D :p

Yeah, there's quite a bit of knife-work involved. I work in a research lab attached to a hospital, and I know some people who work in plastic surgurey. I could see doing implants for a breast cancer patient or a burn victim but they say that they've done some cosmetic cases that just disgusted them. Their biggest complaint is the age of the girls getting it done: I mean, if you need parental consent to get a boob-job, don't you think that should start ringing alarm bells? :eek: :eek:

...and wait till they're in their 70's, nursing homes will never be the same. :rolleyes:

The cosmetic surgery floor has a high employee turnaround becuase a lot of nurses have personal issues with cosmetic surgery.