Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XnavxeMiyyep

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2003
Washington
I've met Matt Groening, creator of the Simpsons. I got my picture taken with him.

Attachments

• PIC00645.jpeg
    PIC00645.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 172

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I talked to Maria Muldaur Friday after a concert and I got an autograph too. I've always pronounced it "MULL-dower" but it turns out she pronounces it "MULL-der".

I saw John Wooden an hour ago, at the Los Angeles Times Book Festival.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I just meeting some celebrities at my Church by twelve hours. Jack Welch, former CEO of GE was married yesterday. He had a veritable who's who guest list.

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
a good friend of mine is a big big photographer who's shot some huge names in the past, but one that sticks out in my mind (i help him out with his Mac etc, and i do a lot of scans for him so i see all his celeb shoots) was when he was in Bill Gates' office, with the man himself, and JFK Jr.

talk about power.

brhmac

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2003
Planet Earth
The funny thing about celebrity is....

Aw.... never mind. Too deep.

Let's see... I used to be a newspaperman, so these are people with whom I have spoken and interacted...

President Jimmy Carter
the Dalai Lama (of Tibet spiritual fame)

Elmore Leonard (novelist, screenwriter, I was his paperboy)
Marc Brown (author of Arthur the Aardvark series)
Myron Scott (man who named the Chevrolet Corvette)

May add more as my memory cooperates...

Neserk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2004
I shook hands with Al Gore.

I saw Richard Lewis in a parking garage waiting for his car on Rodeo Drive.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
im suprised about the only person that hasnt been mentioned here is steve jobs!

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Here's my Short List

Red Skelton
Bill Nye (The Science Guy)
LaVar Burton
Roxann Dawson
Robert Picardo (Twice)
Tim Russ
Ethan Phillips
Nana Visitor
Casey Biggs
Robert Duncan-McNeil
Weird Al
Anne Ramsay
Manu Intiraymi (Icheb from ST:VOY)
Ron Ostrow
Richard Herd
Craig Charles
Robert Llewellyn

I'll have more in a few weeks.

TEG

IrishGold

macrumors member
May 1, 2004
*Olsen Twins
*Many football players(relative has played for the raiders/saints/cowboys/packers

Guess thats it, hehe.

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
My step-mom is good friends with Oprah.

I hung out with a legendary Kiwi Cricket player, unfortunately I can't remember his name, having never seen a full cricket match (great game, just not a lot of it going on in the US). I met Tom Landry once.

A friend of mine got tackled by Cuba Gooding Jr. in the Portland OR airport. Cuba thought he was someone else and was really freaked out when he found out that my friend was a law student. Anyway, they ended up on the same flight and Cuba invited my friend up into 1st class and chatted with him for a while.

iBook

macrumors regular
May 3, 2004
On a tugboat
I'm at a trade show in New Orleans...

I saw William Hung walk by.

Do you think he knows he can't sing? Does he think he's a "celebrity," or is he laughing all the way to the bank?

Dazzler

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2002
Brisbane, Australia
A lot of the celebs I've met have been at book signings, conventions, stuff like that.

Met William Shatner at a book signing in New York (he was signing madly away, but stopped when I said "Thanks Mr Shatner". Must have been the Australian accent, because he looked up and said "Thank you very much").

Saw Christian Slater in Santa Monica.

Met Kylie Minogue at a book signing - small but really, really cute and nice.

Tina Arena (a singer) bought a packet of cigarettes off me when I worked at a 7-Eleven.

Got a book signed by Peter Davison (5th Doctor Who) way, way back in '83.

Met Mel Blanc after the Logies - sweet, sweet man, carried a notepad with a picture of himself and the Warner Bros. cartoon characters he'd voiced so he could give autographs.

Various stars of television shows at conventions etc - had a cup of tea with Gareth Thomas of "Blake's 7".

Met Jimmy Barnes and Ian Moss (at separate times) of legendary Australian rock band Cold Chisel.

And not last, but definitely not the least, Moses himself - Charlton Heston. He signed his autobiography, looked me straight in the eye, shook my hand and said "Thank you".

Oh, and a friend of mine allegedly had sex recently with Enrique Inglasias, according to the trashy gossip magazines. And if you're reading this, "Hi, Emma!!!"

brogers

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2002
Greensboro, NC
Hootie and the Blowfish
Toad The Wet Sprocket
Edwin MaCain
Train
Jeff Gordon
Dan Quayle as VP
Ted Kennedy and a whole host of politicians

Zeke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2002
Greenville, SC
My wife and I were skiing in Telluride and she laughed at Tom Cruise who fell off of the lift after her on his snowboard. He looked up at her and said something like "Well, that was embarrassing..." Cracks me up whenever I remember it.

iBook

macrumors regular
May 3, 2004
On a tugboat
Just remembered another bunch...

Adam "Batman" West @ a trade show

Kurt Vonnegut @ college. He signed my unread copy of "Slaughterhouse Five." He didn't seem happy to give an autograph. Maybe because I hadn't yet read the book?

Henry Winkler when I was a kid and "the Fonz" was cool. Think the play was "Room Service," and I got to meet him after the show.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I went to a concert at the Hollywood Bowl last night (the acoustics of the new bowl are great, by the way). Coming in, I almost bumped into a lady getting out of a courtesy tram. Somebody whispered to me to notice who it was: Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine from Star Trek).

For some reason, the venue executives forgot to offer me a courtesy tram ride. I had to walk to get to my seats. No doubt just an oversight.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
My wife and I had tickets for the "cheap" seats at the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics in 2002, and although I'd never seen her before in my life, the lady who sat right in front of my wife (and got to have my wife's knees jammed in her back for the evening) introduced herself to everyone as the governor of Arizona, which indeed she was.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
HAHA DOCTOR Q,

i wish i could say i was unfamiliar with that name, but she recently came up in news in illinois. Her former husband was running for senator and resigned due to the scandal.

jophilpo

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
Western North Carolina
People I've met:

*Bill Elliott
*Dale Earnhardt Sr. (I didn't like him on the track, but he was a really friendly guy in person)
*The cast of Sesame Street (I got Bob's augograph)
*Ron Jeremy - My roommate and I posed for a picture with him. He threw his arms around us as soon as the camera came out. I guess he thought he was on set =) The girl in front of us jokingly said something about getting her breast signed, and he reached into her shirt and popped it out and started signing away! He's actually a nice, well-spoken person though. Even has a master's degree in special education, which was his previous career.
*Michael Badnarik - currently the Libertarian presidential candidate. One of the few politicians I've seen that comes across as honest and sincere. Really nice guy who obviously loves his country and very knowledgeable about the Constitution.

People I've seen/heard speak:
*George H.W. Bush -
*The guy who played Greg Brady
*William Cohen - former secretary of defense. Spoke about the liklihood of terrorism in the US, just a few months before 9/11
*Spike Lee - Saw him on the street, with several bodyguard types in tow

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
I met Jack Black on a flight from London to Chicago. I also met Steve Howe (of Yes fame) at an album signing.

For here today, gone tomorrow famous people I used to hang out with the band the Nixons whenever they played Tulsa, OK. There were a really friendly group. At one show the bar decided not to let anyone in under 21. Zac tried to tell them that my friend was his brother and that their mom would be pissed if he couldn't come in and watch the show. That didn't work either. So since the guys were on stage in front of a big glass window open to the street, they would turn around sometimes and perform facing us as we sat outside on the veranda area.
-jim

pinto32

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2003
PA
Barring sports figures, I have met Mick Foley (WWF guy) when he came to the amusement park I live by (named it "one of his favorite places to be" in one of his books), and......um....Adam West :p in a supermarket parking lot when I was younger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.