Have you seen this article?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by dhdave, Jul 23, 2002.

1. dhdave macrumors regular

Oct 23, 2001
    Sorry if this was posted elsewhere already, but I thought this article was extremely intresting. It goes farther than I've yet seen.
    I realize the inquirer isn't exactly the pinnacle of journalistic integrity, but it does raise some interesting possiblilities and perhaps some even more interesting questions. Watching this unfold will be a nail-biter but at least it won't be dull.

2. Stike macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002
    It really will not become dull here in the coming 6 months or so. Steve said about the processor strategy that he "likes to have options". So, he made no promise towards Moto to keep their chips. Steve will play out his "options" at latest at MWSF 03...
  3. Geert macrumors 6502a

May 28, 2001
    I really hope that MOTO can deliver a powerfull chip soon.
    It would be a pitty to see X running on an ugly wintel box.
    I know that if Apple wants a bigger piece of the market, they need to do some drastic moves.
    But see X running on an ugly wintel machine, that would make me sick.
    If that's the case, I quit using a computer.
    X belongs on Apple HW

If AMD delivers hammer to run on Apple HW, and X only on Apple HW, then I'm satisfied.

But I don't want to see some of those stupid peecee users say:
    'hey dude, check out the nice new OS I got'

All Apple fanatics will see that day as the day they lost everything they fought for all those years.
    At least I do.
  4. Geert macrumors 6502a

May 28, 2001
    Sorry for the double post, accidently pushed the refresh button on on the 'submit page', and couldn't delete this post.
  5. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    Why do they always refer to the Mac OS as MAC?
  6. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

Oct 28, 2001
    Greensboro, NC
    its the dvorak syndrome...idiocy and ignorance combined with arrogance.
  7. mmcneil macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    OS X on X86

IMHO :D One of the primary underlying reasons for the joy of the Mac OS is that the hardware is a known commodity - i.e. plug and play works. Everything is tightly integrated. If Apple ports X to an X86 architecture, I suspect it will only work on an Apple branded box with Apple ROMs.

OS X for a generic white box would be harder to install and maintain than linux.