Having a problem with a 3g iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by templar56927, Sep 7, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 7, 2007
    I recently bought a 3G 15 gb iPod from a friend in perfect working condition. when i took it home and connected it to my computer, iTunes told my to either restore or update. i clicked update and it did its thing and then it said to disconnect the iPod. now every time i do connect it to the computer, it tells me that it doesn't recognize the driver. i then went out and bought the wall adapter for the iPod. tested the charger on a friends iPod Nano, and it was charging... so i plugged the 3G 15 gb iPod into it and now all i get is a screen on the iPod telling me to connect it to something... if the computer wont recognize it, and the wall adapter won't charge it... WHAT DO I DO???:mad:
  2. big
    macrumors 65816

Feb 20, 2002
    I would first reinstall itunes, then the latest ipod driver from a download (go ahead and download them both) Then do a total reformat on the ipod. Let me know how that goes, sometimes you have some issue or even a preference that just needs to be rebuilt. You should be able to save your itunes libraries with no recourse.
  3. macrumors 68000

Mar 9, 2006
    From Canada, living in Seoul
    If what big said fails, boot the iPod into disk mode. To do that, press and hold the following combination of buttons for 10 seconds: Menu and Play / Pause.

Then, plug it in and fire up iTunes, and see if you can restore it.