Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Back in my OS 9 days before iPhoto i had set up a system of organizing my digital pictures, based on date and/or event or theme, and if various camera's were used even what camera was used -- which made it easy for me access the pictures based on the file name

Now .. when i try to open these pictures using iPhoto, it takes my pictures and organizes them using the preset of date, or whatever way it does it, and this makes it difficult for me to find the pictures i want when i want to use a program other then iPhoto,

IS there a way to have iPhoto use my File structure?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
it seems as though you'll be able to do this with the newest version of iPhoto that comes with iLife. I'm looking forward to getting it myself for this reason.

D

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
it seems as though you'll be able to do this with the newest version of iPhoto that comes with iLife. I'm looking forward to getting it myself for this reason.

D

Yes it has been a pain and as a result i don't use iPhoto at all, but i've had trouble easily navigating through my pictures without a preview ...

Are they're any other solutions? i guess others will be more expensive, considering the 49$ for iLife and new features of iPhoto.

But can you or anyone suggest anything else? --

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.