Having iTMS trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DVDSP, Aug 7, 2003.

1. DVDSP macrumors regular

OK, here's the deal. I have 2 G4s at home, one I use for the everyday kinda stuff like email, web, etc., the other I use for my work stuff. G4 #1 has no recordable drive so anytime I download music from iTMS I'll do it with G4 #2 and burn with the SuperDrive.

Last week I finally got around to installing Jaguar on G4 #2, ever since then I get this message when trying to log in to iTMS:

iTunes could not connect to the Music Store (60).
    Make sure your network connection is active and try again.

However, I can do anything else at the store like search, listen to previews, whatever. But anytime I need to log in to perform a function like downloading I get that message. Before Jaguar it worked fine (I even made sure to install all the updates).

BTW, G4 #2 is connected to the Internet via Airport through G4 #1 (and I can connect to iTMS with G4 #1 normally and everything works like it should).

Any ideas?

2. Jerry Spoon macrumors 6502a

Jerry Spoon

is your calendar set correctly? I had the same problem ordering prints off of iPhoto, and it ended up being b/c my calendar was set to like 1987 or something.

3. DVDSP thread starter macrumors regular

I just checked it, everything is fine on that front.

However, I turned off the firewall and now it works, even though I had enabled port 60 before. Do you happen to know which other ports I need to have open for it to work all the time?

Thanks for your help,