Having trouble copying to Lacie USB2 HD

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by shadowmoses, Sep 2, 2005.

1. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I have a Lacie USB2 Hard drive which is 40gb....

the problem occurs when I try and copy a large 6gb file over to it, it tells me about half way through the transfer that there was an unexpected error code 1309.....

And then stops the transfer, I have tried several times and it always stops at the same place and gives the same error, I have confirmed it has more than enough space on my Lacie but I cannot think of any other way to solve the problem,

Many Thanks

SHadOW

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I don't know if it's the drive. I was trying to transfer a 6.1 GB file to a friend using my iPod. Consistently at 6 GB it stopped and gave me that 1309 error. I thought that mine was a formatting issue. I had him format it some Windows format since his Windows machine wouldn't read the original file system on the drive.

3. belvdr macrumors 601

Sounds like the filesystem won't support the large file. What filesystem do you use on your LaCie?

4. shadowmoses thread starter macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Im pretty sure its Mac OS Journaled, unfortunatly reformatting it is not really an option as i do not have the time to backup the 25gb's or so it has on it,

Are there any solutions that i could use without having to reformat it??

ShadOW

5. belvdr macrumors 601

You can check the filesystem in Disk Utility, but I believe it will be MacOS Journalled, especially if you only use it on a mac.

Are you able to compress the file at all or split it up into sections?

6. shadowmoses thread starter macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I think i will try and compress it then copy it over should do the trick,

Thanks,

SHadOW