having trouble finding a printer driver

Discussion in 'macOS' started by vniow, Jul 3, 2005.

1. vniow macrumors G4

Hi, I'm trying to get a Lexmark X4270 working with my Cube and I can't seem to find any drivers for it. Lexmark doesn't list any that are OS X compatible and Gimp Print doesn't list it either. I tried to use the generic postscript printer driver but it still doesn't print. Its listed as a 4200 series printer in the Print/Fax thingie if that means anything.

Thanx,

-Ani

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I assume that you mean this printer? If so, it says it only supports the following OSes...
    Unfortunately, I think that you are out of luck. Sorry... :eek:

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

4. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Well this is sucking, I got an e-mail from Lexmark's tech support yesterday and they said they have no intentions of making a Mac driver at all. It would be one thing if this were an older printer but its fairly new so it should be supported at least by Gimp print but even that's lacking. Ah well, at least I can try to see if it'll print from my roommate's laptop...

5. shakenbake macrumors newbie

What's worse is......

The box I that contained this printer when I bought it said that it was Mac OS compatible, and claimed Mac OS support. I wish some one sued them for misrepresentation.

6. shakenbake macrumors newbie

All is OK with me and Lexmark!

Update time!

The kind folks at Lexmark provided me with a solution to my problem! They DO stand behind their product!

Shakenbake

7. shakenbake macrumors newbie

Hello Ani;

There may be a way to do this with the newer OS X flavours. After all, I believe that the X4270 is CUPS compliant, and the newer OS X, I am led to believe (please correct me if I am wrong) can possibly print to a Windows printer. I just don't know exactly how, though.......

Oh, wait a minute, that was for a printer shared with a Windows machine! Darned!

http://homepage.mac.com/william_white/print_to_windows.html

8. petermacman macrumors newbie

Hi ShakenBake - Can you advise what the solution is:cool: pls