Having trouble importing photos...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by D34th, Jun 2, 2006.

1. D34th macrumors regular

Apr 14, 2006
    I have a Canon PowerShot S2 IS and have recently had troubles importing photos using iPhoto. I don't know what the problem could be. The first 10 or so photos are imported fine and then half of one photo gets imported and the rest after that don't. It just finishes the import and gives me an error message naming all the photos that did not get imported. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I don't even know how to describe it any better...thanks.

EDIT: Just unplugged the camera and plugged it back in. All photos imported fine. I have no idea what's going on, this isn't the first time this happened...
  2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

Feb 7, 2002
    is it only with one memory card? how do you connect the card to iphoto (through the camera, or a card reader?)? try using image capture and see if all the photos show up. i assume they all display properly on your camera's screen?

if you have a second memory card, take a bunch of pictures to test it with and try to read from that. you might have a corrupt card which could need reformatting or replacing...

edit- just saw your edit... glad it's worked. i'd suggest trying a second memory card still, as it may be an issue with that...