Having trouble installing Windows 7 on MBA 11" 2012

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by PhazonUK, Mar 4, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

So I've partitioned my SSD using Boot Camp Assistant and created a Windows install USB with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
    Everything does what it should until I get to selecting the partition in the Windows setup and I get the error "SETUP WAS UNABLE TO CREATE A NEW SYSTEM PARTITION OR LOCATE AN EXISTING SYSTEM PARTITION".

I've tried starting from the beginning and re-partitioning but I just keep getting the same error.
    Even more annoying is that I only deleted my Windows 7 install yesterday as I wanted to make a fresh install so I now it has previously worked.

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors 68020

Acorn

even though mac will set a partition aside for windows you still have to format it during your windows install then after its formatted choose that drive as a target for the install process.

just be careful that you format only the windows partition and nothing else.

4. macrumors member

TouchArchive

The best way is VMWare or Parallels

5. macrumors member

77slevin

No, it's not. you'll take a performance hit when using virtualization. If you want Windows to use the full resources of your computer, Bootcamp is the way to go.