Having trouble printing photos with iPhoto...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DaveinJapan, Nov 7, 2005.

1. DaveinJapan macrumors member

Apr 9, 2005
    I'm trying to print a few photos for the first time using iPhoto, and have run into a little trouble.

First of all, though I set it up to "photo on photo paper", it still seems set up to print the photos as though they were going to be printed on a regular piece of paper. Is this something I fix in settings (the photo paper goes into the printer vertically, but the page setup looks like the pics will come out horizontally).

Besides that issue, I threw in a regular piece of paper just to run a "test print" (assuming it wouldn't come out right, I didn't want to waste any photo paper yet), and for some reason I get the message "printer not responding". This is strange, because I print stuff all the time (letters, docs, etc...) and the printer is set up just fine.

Any help would be great. :)
  2. cemorris macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2004
    What model printer are you using? I print a lot from iPhoto and find it a two step process. First I go into print settings and choose the correct printer and paper size. I then hit print and set the paper type in there. Even if you select the correct paper type, are you choosing a high print resolution (I.E photo quality)? I have an epson and the highest print quality is called "Photo RPM". I also make sure color management is set to colorsync. I also make sure my colorsync utility is set the the printers proper profile for the paper before starting this whole thing.
  3. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    i have found printing in iPhoto to be rubbish. i use the software that came with my photo (Epson photo R300) and that is much more friendly