Having trouble updating Jap. Firmware...

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlBDamned, Aug 6, 2005.

1. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Hi All,

Just following the route to updating my PSP with Ver.2 firmware, using PSPWare, but I'm having a little trouble.

I've got the Eboot.pbm file, and I can get it on to the PSP and it comes up on the memory stick "PSP V2". I press O, get the PSP screen, it goes dark, then I get: "The Game could not be started (80020148).

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Al.

PS. Ridge Racer rocks

2. CHROMEDOME macrumors regular

Dont use PSPware just mount the psp and make do this

PSP>GAME>make a folder called "UPDATE"(all caps) and then put the eboot in that folder. Launch from psp.

3. AlBDamned thread starter macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Ah that worked, up until the point where it says, cannot start update the battery is low, recharge and try again...

hold on.... :)

4. AlBDamned thread starter macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Excellent. Got it working, got it surfing!

Thanks Chromedome.

5. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

I think you are supposed to have the PSP plugged in when you install an update, so it can't stop in the middle of installing, (from low power, battery falling out, or anything like that)

6. AlBDamned thread starter macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Quite possibly. It was on II bar and wouldn't do it. I plugged it in and it still wouldn't do it straight away. It had to get up to III bar before it would do it. Works now though. Lost my whole saved game of Dead to Rights in the process but nevermind.

The browser is good. A bit tedious without a keyboard but good nonetheless. Am I right in thinking it has the potential to work like xbox live?

7. Switzermac macrumors regular

I know its a bit off topic but do any of you guys have midnight club and have very long loading times?