Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyanSA4

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
CT
I know it's too late to do anything, but when I ordered my CTO 2.3 G5 on 9/24/05 it was suppose to be here today. But now it has been delayed twice, first they delayed delevery to 10/6/05 and now it's delayed agian until 10/10/05 the day before everything goes down. So basicly I just spent around $3800 on a computer that could be out of date by the time i get it all set up. Hopefully the 2.3 will be as good as everyone says and I will totally forget about next week if they update.
Right now at home sitting in their boxes waiting for the G5 I have:
Dell 2405FWP LCD
2gb of Ram from 4allmemory.com
Ipod Mini (free after rebate)
Extreme Base Station

End of rant!

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
just relax ryan, its gonna be a HELL OF A SETUP, please post pics!!!...and if its that close, from what ive read youll probably get delayed again, and get the new PM...so jus be patient, IT PAYS!

RyanSA4

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
CT
AJ Muni said:
just relax ryan, its gonna be a HELL OF A SETUP, please post pics!!!...and if its that close, from what ive read youll probably get delayed again, and get the new PM...so jus be patient, IT PAYS!

Thanks I will post some pics. Apple isn't the one who is delaying it FedEx is, it's already in transit from Anaheim, CA.

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
well if you dont open it, im sure u can return it. but be patient ryan.. REGARDLESS your gonna have a setup some of use can just dream about... :D

RyanSA4

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
CT
I don't think apple takes returns on custom orders. Oh well, hopefully I can get some money back with their price protection plan. I can't wait until it's finally at my house. :)

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Uh....

RyanSA4 said:
So basicly I just spent around $3800 on a computer that could be out of date by the time i get it all set up.

It's a common problem to have. Many computers I have personally purchased are IMMEDIATELY out of date. I have since decided to wait until the LAST revision EVER to buy anything.

bloodfist

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
Yeah, mine just shipped yesterday from CA. I thought all BTO products came directly from China, so I was getting prepared for a big shipment delay because of customs. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that now. It should be at home by the end of the week, although I wont be able to pick it up until next Tuesday because I will be visiting a friend in PA. So the entire weekend I'll be thinking about the computer waiting for me at home.

Yeah, I saw the "One more thing..." invite yesterday, and I'm like great, if I would have only waited a few more weeks. Oh well, no one is sure there will be updates anyway, and theres no point in waiting for something that might now be coming in the first place.

Enjoy the new computer because I know I will.

-bloodfist

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Don't sweat it. Enjoy your machine.

I won't like mine any less if they announce dual-core super quazi whatchacallits next week. It does what I need it to, and I'd bet my lunch money that yours will, too (and I'm hungry).

Plus, you can't return a BTO machine.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
RyanSA4, you made a fantastic choice with a well proven machine and a beautiful display.

It's probably more computer than you'll ever really need and the OS makes it a dream to use.

If Apple does release a dual core machine, they will essentially be Rev A's.

The specifications might look great, but no one knows how the dual core processors will hold up under load, heat and time.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
I kinda feel like being one of the lucky people that got a Pre-CBS Fender
or any 1967 Pre-EPA automobile.

This Rev "B" 2.0 dually kicks ass with 2GB RAM.

I feel pretty damn lucky catching my machine NEW for $1699.
( before upgrades )

Having two internal hard drives now makes me feel much better about
the safety of my data too.
I caught a 24 hour sale on the Seagate 250 GB SATA for $109.50

The extra 1 GB ( 2X512 ) GeIL Cas 2.5 RAM is also working beautifully
in my machine for $104.00 Newegg

I still need " one more thing "

an X850 card would be nice, but the stock 64 MB VRAM is fine for mostly audio.

My Dell 24" 2405 is flawless crisp and very bright.

I can't imagine working with anything smaller now for daily extended use.

Fret not you WILL be spoiled. ;)

bloodfist

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
Yep, my shipment was just delayed until 10/10 by Fedex today. Our G5s are probably sitting right next to each other. I'm glad I had it sent home because I wouldn't do anything here at school until it showed up. Now If I would be going home this weekend instead of going to PA I would be a little upset having to wait those few extra days. Hey, its all good, we'll have them soon enough.

rhb1899

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2005
RyanSA4 said:
I don't think apple takes returns on custom orders. Oh well, hopefully I can get some money back with their price protection plan. I can't wait until it's finally at my house. :)

Yeah, don't worry, you'll be able to get a portion of the purchase price back from apple. Just give them a call and explain your situation.

I purchased an IBook G4 this past June, about a month before they updated them to the new (now current) IBook models...I was pissed to say the least. But, I called apple and asked if they could do anything for me and they gave me a pretty sizable refund, which was totally worth the fact that I don't have bluetooth or SMS.

Enjoy your setup!

RyanSA4

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
CT
Well I finally got it! :) This system is awesome, I really don't think I am going to be doing an extreme video editing as I am just starting to do stuff with final cut and I have no idea how to use it yet.
My brother took some pics of it set up. Don't have a desk yet so don't laugh:) I can't find one I like. In the pic its my g5 my brothers 17" PB and his new 26" Sony LCD TV.
Go here:
http://community.webshots.com/user/icebreakergoalie

Pics taken with my brothers 20D

robcts

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2005
RyanSA4 said:
Well I finally got it! :) This system is awesome, I really don't think I am going to be doing an extreme video editing as I am just starting to do stuff with final cut and I have no idea how to use it yet.
My brother took some pics of it set up. Don't have a desk yet so don't laugh:) I can't find one I like. In the pic its my g5 my brothers 17" PB and his new 26" Sony LCD TV.
Go here:
http://community.webshots.com/user/icebreakergoalie

Pics taken with my brothers 20D
Looks nice, congrats ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.