HD Failure, Dropped PowerBook, Lost Wallet...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by njmac, Jun 19, 2006.

1. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Not my greatest day :(

My Hard drive completely failed. I'm just glad I had a bootable backup on an external drive. I ordered another one so hopefully it will be here any day.

This morning, I tripped over the wire of my PB and it fell to the ground... now it is making a terrible grating/loud staticky noise. I hope that will go away with the new hard drive :confused:
    Any one know? Should I shut down and not use this until it arrives?

Just got back from the State Park, put my kids in for a nap, and the Park Ranger calls that he has my wallet :( and I'll give it a :) that it was found!

and the day is not over yet.....

2. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

hmmm.... to bad you didn't have magsafe... I trip over my MBP cord the other day and I was like "Thank God that it actually worked!" :)

Sorry that your having a bad day :(

3. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Um... maybe stay inside for the rest of the day? Like in a dark, empty closet or something in an effort to prevent anything else from happening?

In any case, I'm glad the wallet was found at the very least. :D

4. gallagb macrumors 6502

gallagb

sounds like a good option
    just *hope* that the new HD does the trick

5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    Do they sell Magsafe chords for powerbooks seperately?

If not, they should....

6. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    well, there arn't too many more moving parts, so its either the hard drive or the fan... good luck and don't leave home anymore today :D

7. njmac thread starter macrumors 68000

njmac

Thank you everyone.

Today has been better so far. My new hard drive arrives tomorrow and until then I'm trying to stay off this computer. I hope that noise is NOT the fans!

8. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Not my day today!

This morning, my wacom "pen" didn't work properly. Had to order a new one ($29!!). 2nd, we're waitin' on 5 new quad-core G5 and 30" displays to come in, still nothing! Had to use my Apple LCD monitor from my home for work until it arrived. Sucks! :-\ This G5 sucks (G5 don't really sucks but it seemed to be the hardware failure). ARGH! bla bla bla

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No, that is strictly an Intel-Mac thing.

Although it would be pretty cool if someone came up with a dongle that allowed us PB users to get a mag-safe...

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've had a bad few weeks. blue bits is karma balancing everything out.

rendering my final major project (uni). its taking a few days. it crashes. external HDD breaks. lost whole 16gb iTunes library.iPod mini saved 6gb and managed to copy over 1/3 of library on PC. I need a reason to hunt for new and unknown music too

had rejections from 3 courses at Manchester uni. To be frank I was applying for the wrong courses. I should be going into some kind of game design course but I'm more into video and graphic design. though my portfolio shows otherwise. have got 2 unconditional offers from 2 other courses though.

Lost my whole websites database. massive security flaw on my hosts side. could recover files, just need to learn how to SSH database over and fix damaged tables. learn MySQL stuff!

realised I have to pay for my sites hosting soon, trying to sell an insellable PSP, need to work more shifts to cover for it all. etc.
    but I'm happy. and thats what matters.