1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

HD Space & iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Daniel97, May 18, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

I have just installed a 128GB SSD in my Mac Mini everything fits except the iTunes folder.

I have 56 Gb of free space on the SSD and the iTunes folder is 62. 22 of it however is movies.

If I delete these movies can they be redownloaded? There all movies I downloaded with the triple play code from blu rays.

Just thinking if I delete them as I seldom watch them anyway I can fit my entire contents onto my SSD and I don't have to leave my USB plugged in permanently.

2. macrumors 6502

AndyMoore

I don't think that you'll be able to re-download films from iTunes.

From the UK perspective, it's not even a choice in the Purchased list in the iTunes store, other regions may be different.

Attached Files:

3. WSR
    macrumors regular

The safest thing to do is backup your iTunes Library to an external hard-drive.

I have re-downloaded TV shows, but I never trust that iTunes might forget what I've downloaded or if they remove the movie, show, etc from their server.

Also note that since it is a Mac-Mini which I assume you aren't going to move around, you might want to just move your iTunes library over to an external hard-drive. I currently have my library on a 2T ext. HD. This way it's not taking up any space in your system HD.