iPad HD vs SD vs iTunes on a Macbook vs iTunes on the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LA89, Dec 7, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Quite in the weeds with this one and my research is bringing up all sorts of different arguments, so I wanted the opinion and experience of real users - here goes...

Buying films/movies through iTunes is simple enough, until they bought in the HD/SD option...my question is: Are there any consequences of buying a HD film via the iPad, rather than though the Macbook??

For example, say I bought a HD film on the Macbook, would it play back on the iPad?

If i bought it through the iPad, would I end up with a different quality version when I downloaded it on the Macbook?

Or, is it just a case of buying a HD film through iTunes, whether using your iPad, iPhone or Mac will give you the same result?

The floor is open...

Many thanks :)

2. macrumors 6502

If you buy HD version at 1080 on your Mac you get both SD and HD versions. This helps if you have a version 1 Apple TV 2 or an older iPad. If you buy HD on a iPad 2 you only get the option to buy HD in 720 not 1080.

It does seem a little messy with the different options so I guess it depends on your device configuration.