HDMI macbook pro problem

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by kleptobizmol, Aug 17, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Jul 11, 2008
    Hello i have the 15 inch mid 2010 macbook pro with sound support through hdmi to mini display port. anyway i bought the adapter for hdmi to play on your tv at the apple store. moshi makes it. everything works but randomly the screen flashes black for like a half a second. really annoying considering i bought the adapter to play movies through my computer on my tv. What's the deal? i have a 6 ft microsoft hdmi cord if that matters. my tv is a sony 52ex700. i tried switching hdmi slots on the tv too. also i changed the display from 1080p to 720 p and other display options and that didn't do anything. any help or possible recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
  2. macrumors 601

Nov 12, 2007
    Check the HDMI cables, switch to a different one. I had the same issues and was able to find 1 out of 5 cables that worked fine with my Mini-DP to HDMI adaptor from OCW.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Jul 11, 2008
    i just tried three cables and they al did the same thing. one was a rocketfish cable which isn't garbage.
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Jul 11, 2008
  5. macrumors member

Jun 25, 2010
    Алейск, RUSSIA
    Since you've ruled out the cable, perhaps you should inquire with the manufacturer of your adapter. Some adapters just suck.
  6. macrumors newbie

Sep 5, 2010
    I have the same problem

I have exactly the same problem.

My MacBook Pro is mid 2010 too.

The adapter is kind of a generic one I bought on ebay. Is your from Apple or some random seller?

My cable is a 5 meters and the TV a Panasonic Plasma G Series Full HD.

Any help is much appreciated (this is very very annoyng).