HDTV cards on the Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cwright, Nov 5, 2004.

1. cwright macrumors 6502a

I know there have been plenty of questions about HDTV on the Mac... but this is specifically about the "PC only" PCI cards.

I have read that iTele already has basic support for the DVICO Fusion HDTV3 card but I'm curious about the MyHD MDP-120 card

So far, the only HDTV solutions for the mac will only let you receive ATSC over-the-air broadcasts, but this new MyTV card has two antennae inputs; one can receive ATSC HDTV broadcasts, and the other can receive analog NTSC broadcasts (just like the Alchemy TV)

I really want to know if this card will work on the Mac with iTele or if it will be supported in the semi-near future. Next year I'll be going to college with a dual-G5 and a card like this would be perfect to turn my Mac (with 23" display) into an excellent TV/DVR as well.

If this doesnt work, I guess the only other option to get the same function is to buy both an EyeTV 200 and an EyeTV 500... but that would be way too costly. Plus the fact that this card can do the job of both EyeTV boxes and fit into a single PCI slot

Please let me know if anyone has any info about this card working on Mac... thanks!! :)

2. cwright thread starter macrumors 6502a

3 days later...42 views...zero responses

thanks guys :rolleyes: