HDTV/Home Theater Setups

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by cgingrich, Apr 16, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

cgingrich

Hey guys...I thought I'd start a thread to post everyones home theaters/hdtvs. I've been looking around to purchase an HD set (leaning towards the Toshiba 52HM95 right now) around 50 inches or so and would like to see what everybody else's setups look like. I've been to avs, but I wanted to see some from this forum.

Have fun...

2. macrumors 68020

Cooknn

3. macrumors 601

mjstew33

Here's mine with my iBook:

[​IMG]

4. macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

I wish I could afford HDTV. It would own my life!:D

5. macrumors member

cgingrich "Hey guys...I thought I'd start a thread to post everyones home theaters/hdtvs. I've been looking around to purchase an HD set (leaning towards the Toshiba 52HM95 right now) around 50 inches or so and would like to see what everybody else's setups look like. I've been to avs, but I wanted to see some from this forum."

I have the toshiba 46" model of that. IT'S AWESOME! The color and clarity is great, I first opted for the 52 then finally got the 46". You'll be amazed at how big the tv is when you put it in your home theater, (well that's coming from a 32" HD) Consumer Reports rated it 3 or 4 rd HD out of like 50! It's awesome! GET THAT TV IT"S LIKE THE BEST ONE EVER

6. macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

How this for exciting :cool: :rolleyes:

A philips TV, i forget the model, but it's 30 something inches, does 720p via DVi though :D and a load of consoles (the main reason for it) the xbox is in the back room at the time of the photo btw ;)

Sound comes from headphones, or from time to time the TVs internal speakers, their good enough for the kind of volume i can use without annoying nextdoor :cool:

Also works rather well with my powerbook hooked up, running emulators :D

/me awaits mega cool setups from other folks :eek:

Attached Files:

7. macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

I have a Panasonic TH-42PX50U HDTV Plasma Set mounted on the wall with all the speakers professionally installed in the ceiling thru our living room.

Its clean, simple and absolutely bad ass. We dont have the "shrine to the Television" that most living rooms turn into. Its a nice chill area where we can sit and talk without the TV being in our face and no wires to worry about, but I can also throw in a flick and rock the hell outta the house when the time comes.

Pic

8. macrumors regular

I really like the cabinit below the tv. Where'd you find it?

9. macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

10. macrumors newbie

ddddaaaammmmnnnn! What size is the TV? 40'?

11. thread starter macrumors regular

cgingrich

wow, I didn't realize it was rated that highly!! This will be the first TV over 21" I've owned haha so anything will look huge. I'm excited to go HD, especially with my 360!

12. macrumors 6502

I am thinking of getting a Samsung HDTV, 26" one. does any one have any experience with it? I would probably get a new mac mini core duo or solo (don't know if a solo will be poerful enough?)

what do other people do about mac mini media center sort of things? i have seen the TV things on the apple site but idealy i would love to be able to get Sky TV (i am in the UK) going through my mac mini. Is this possible?

PlayStation 3 will also be coming along later in the year :)

It's all that, or a 20" core duo iMac i gues...

13. macrumors 6502

This is my bedroom HDTV.

[​IMG]

14. macrumors 6502

quicksilver77

Here is my HT with my "gaming" partner on the couch. I slao use my office for a HT at times so I included both pics.

Sony KFE42A10
    Yamaha RX-V1500
    All Paradigm Speakers.

Attached Files:

• ht.jpg
      ht.jpg
      File size:
      142.9 KB
      Views:
    • new.jpg
      new.jpg
      File size:
      83.7 KB
      Views:
  15. Guest

garybUK

Quite old pictures now: http://homepage.mac.com/gary.bowers/PhotoAlbum10.html

I replaced the Sony projector with a Themescene Hd72 High Def Projector, just waiting for SKY to bring out their HD boxes now. I also have a motorised dish and a HD box that picks up Euro1080 so should get the Worldcup.

I'll try and get some new pictures tonight.

Projectors all the way, £1499 including a free 92" Beamax Screen + Ceiling Mount.

16. macrumors 6502

HckySo

Is that DVD Shrink I see on your PC?

17. macrumors 6502

quicksilver77

Yes it is, with DVD Decrypter for good measure. Why do u ask?

18. macrumors 6502

The BBC will be showing the World Cup on there "BBC HD" channel :)

19. macrumors 6502

HckySo

Oh no reason it just looked familiar. I use it quite often when I need to copy a DVD to multiple computers to burn multiple DVDs using the raw VIDEO_TS DVD files instead of project files that seem to take 10 times longer to burn.

20. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

Mine, although it's more of a "Home Family Room TV with a Mac attached" than a "home theater"....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. macrumors member

that is awesome, i wish i had that for my mini and xbox 360.. im stuck with a 15" samsung LCD...:eek:

22. macrumors regular

Where did you get that shelf? I have been looking for something like that for my study.

thanks.....

23. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

I built it from a 8'x4' piece of MDF (medium density fiberboard), some paint, some wood trim, glue, and some screws. Cost like $30 or so altogether. I needed something tall enough inside to accommodate the UPS (visible in the back if you click to see the larger pics) and wide enough to flank the TV, so I had to build it myself. Plus, the opt is removable, making it a lot easier to do wiring.

24. macrumors 601

mjstew33

Haha, 62". :)

25. macrumors 68030

Platform

62".....:eek: