Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shacklebolt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
If someone could just help me out with this before the keynote - I'm sure the thread (being rather unimportant) is going to get buried.

Can anyone direct me to the best over-the-air HDTV reciever for my brand spanking new old Phillips 26" CRT HDTV?

mchendricks

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
Central Florida
We have 2 different units at home. One is a Zenith and the other is an LG. I think the LG works a bit better. It also has a built-in DVD player. The model number is LST-3510A. I don't think it is still being made. Circuit City used to carry them.

I think Samsung had an older unit, the STR-451.
Here is a link to a new Samsung unit.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...585&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

It is getting harder to find over the air units but they can be found if you look hard.

Mike

Shacklebolt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Grrr,

I'm beginning to think I should just get an LCD 26" with the ATSC built in - saves a couple hundred dollars right there. <sigh> Poor guy, when I tell him I can't buy his TV. You know folks, CRTs really do look nice - it's a shame they're going by the wayside.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.