HE Applecare tripled in price?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by arcsbite, Mar 16, 2007.

1. arcsbite Guest

anyone know what's going on?

I added a mac pro to my basket at the Apple HE site a few days ago as I plan on getting one in April, it offered me the option of applecare for around £50-£60

I just checked again tonight and the applcare option is now set at £158

anyone know what happened?

2. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Were you also looking at APLCare for a cinema display? That AppleCare is £57. Buying a MacPro + Cinema Display + AppleCare gets you free AppleCare on the display if they are all purchased on the same receipt.

3. arcsbite thread starter Guest

Nope
    I was just looking at the "configure now" part of the mac pro at the store.
    I added bluetooth and wireless, a wireless keyboard and mouse and that was all.
    I remember the applecare being so cheap because I thought I'd be a fool not to take it at such a great price, now in the same space the price has tripled.
    hope it comes back down :(

Plus, the HE store gives a 3yr warranty now on parts and labour, so I'm guessing £158 to upgrade that to applecare is a bit much

4. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I guess it's a bit different on the UK side of the pond. What is AppleCare for if parts and labor are included for 3 years?

(I doubt it will "come back down" -- it may have been a temporary glitch)

5. arcsbite thread starter Guest

Applecare involves more support including phone support, which is why it was at a reduced price (because you were getting most of it anyway)

I don't think it was a glitch as they've been discounted for about 6 months, Just not at the moment.

6. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup