HE Sales Qs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by timmillwood, Oct 16, 2006.

1. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

I am looking to goto a store in UK and buy a mac with HE discount, are the only stores that do it Apple stores or do stores like John Lewis, or other Apple resellers offer HE Discount?

2. arf macrumors member

arf

Not the resellers

You can get the HE discount only from the online store or from a bona fide apple store (i.e. Regent Street, Bluewater, Bullring). Resellers like John Lewis can't offer this discount.

Bear in mind that if you buy from the online HE store you get a 3year parts warranty too.....

3. timmillwood thread starter macrumors 6502a

so you dont get this if you buy it from the store, like regent st etc

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

No only over the phone/online from your university. (I have been to Birmingham Apple Store and asked ;), though they might do it as a special in my experience Apple don't do that... )

5. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

I don't understand how that could be the case - I mean, you have to prove your status to get the discount, so why should this be any different? Even if it is, can you still get AppleCare for £58?

David

6. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

UPDATE: Good news everyone, I called the Apple Store direct phoneline, and they said 100% certain that the UK retail AppleStores will give the extra warranty as well for HE purchases.

I think the problem was that up until not that long ago, they wouldn't do HE discounts at all, and so obviously couldn't offer the cheap Applecare.

David