HE Warranty Info Help (UK)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zhd05, Nov 9, 2006.

1. zhd05 macrumors newbie

Aug 14, 2006
    Hi, just a quick question to those guys in the UK who have bought anything on the HE stores..
    I just bought a Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro, and I bought it through the HE store, which said i would be getting a 3 year standard warranty for free. When I put the MacBook pro serial number in the Apple support website it says I have 356 days remaining of warranty -this worries me a bit also as there was no special warranty info in the box, just the standard 1 year. Do I have to do anything to activate the HE 3 year warranty, or is there anyway to check that I have it?

Thanks for your help!
  2. Chris3125 macrumors member

Aug 20, 2005
    I wouldnt mind knowing this also, just about to oder a 24" from the HE store
  3. majorp macrumors 6502

Nov 28, 2005
    UK !!!
    this is the exact reason i get the "contract uplift" for £58 just so that in the future if i come to sell it i can say (and show) that it has 3 years applecare.

this is normal but don't worry, you are covered for three years but i think it does not apply to mail in repairs after the first 90 days, only take it in to applestore repairs.......i could be wrong