Headers in Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rye9, Apr 15, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

rye9

I need a different header for each page, but when I change one it changes them all.. how can I get it the way I need it?

2. macrumors 6502a

Headers & footers are for information that you want repeated on each page. I can think of two ways for you to put different information on each page.

1. Insert a Section Break at the end of each page. This can be a problem if you add text or graphics & "push" the section break to the next page.
    2. Use text boxes to create your "headers"

3. macrumors 6502

What are you trying to make different on each page?

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

I am trying to put my last name in the upper right corner of each, and have the page number change with each page.

5. macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Click in the header, then Insert > Page Number...the page number will change automatically.

6. macrumors newbie

[SOLVED] Different Header/Footer per Page

I realize that the OP's original question was solved for him, but I have come across this problem before, and I finally figure out how to change the header and footer for each page individually. First, at the end of the first page, got to "Insert"->"Section Break". Then on the next page make sure that in the Inspector under "Layout"->"Section" that "Use previous headers and footers" is unchecked. Now changing the header/footer will only change the second page and not affect the first

7. macrumors newbie

This worked perfect for me. :)

8. macrumors newbie

Headers in Pages on the MAC

I need a different header for each page, but when I change one it changes them all.. how can I get it the way I need it?