Headphone jack is Facked. My fault, need alternative..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fallacy, Oct 26, 2006.

1. fallacy macrumors member

Hello,

Not realizing there was a loose screw in my backpack, I placed my 2month new macbook inside and left work for the travel home. The chances of this screw landing in the headphone jack is probably in the millions. THis screw by the way is perfectly fitted inside the jack now. No wiggle room at all. Think laptop hard drive, now think of the screws needed to secure that enclosure. Upon arriving at home, I bring my mac to life and decide to listen to a couple favourite songs not realizing there is a screw in the headphone jack. I proceed to plug my headphones in.. wouldn't plug in. So i try a second time getting slightly annoyed and realizing that something is wrong. Yup, i lodged it in there. No wiggle room. Tried vacuuming it out, tried screwing it out, tried knocking it out, magnet, and finally crazy glue with a screwdriver/string invention which has now absolutely made the screw part of the headphone jack. Stupid? Maybe... Bad luck? Sure!

I'm in this spot, no point in bitching about it.. so my question is: Does a headphone to USB adapter exist. USB headphones would be cool, but I really need to plug in pc speakers..

Any ideas on price and brand would be appreciated.

thx.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Griffin iMic. Unsure of pricing but it's $79 here so it won't be too expensive in the US. It's a USB device that adds audio out and audio in to your Mac.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I suggest you go into an apple store and let them handle it for you...that screw might cause a problem in the future...take the loss and pay the guys.:eek:

Griffin imic is cool I might add.

Bless

4. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

5. thicke macrumors newbie

I second the Griffin imic recommendation. But if it was me to try to get the Geniuses to fix it first.