Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
I am a video production student at the Art Institute and I need to get a pair of nice headphones for my audio class....They need to be pretty nice and comfy cause I am going to be using them alot...any suggestions??

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
What's your price range?

I have some beyerdynamic DT-770 that's pretty nice. I have them on me most of the day without issues.

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
Price is not really an obstacle I just need some really nice ones cause I am going to be wearing them about 3 hours a day 3 days a week at school and at home...so brand recomendations and model recomendations are very helpfull...thanks in advance :D

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Check out the Sennhiesser ranges as well, get the most expensive you can afford.

I also like the Shure in-ear monitors as well, they go about £100 over here though.

HydroMan

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2004
Luton. Lutonshire.
I have the Sennheiser HD595's and I got them for half price at play.com a while back, they are the third best high end 'phones you can get and I have to say that they are comfortable and the sound they reproduce is quality compared to every headphone I've owned (previously Sennheiser, Sony, Technics etc.) compared to my old mid range Senheiser's they are a world apart (can't remember the product names/numbers of previous 'phones as I just tend to hoof them out when they break)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.