Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Monster products have always been overpriced IMO. You can get a pair of Sennheiser HD-25II for $50 cheaper. All the parts of the headphone are replaceable too, and Sennheiser is known for their wonderful headphones.

Gofre

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
The inspirations are at the upper end of Monster's spectrum of quality. Still below par and inferior to a lot of stuff at their price range, however, and the active noise cancelling is poor.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
I have several headphones, but if I could only own one pair it would be Shure SRH940s. They are closed backed, light, sound great without an amp, and sound fantastic with one. These are accurate headphones, so if you mainly listen to lower bitrate mp3s, they will show every flaw. Also, the bass is not emphasized, so if you are used to bass emphasized headphones, you may not like these. I prefer a detailed sound vs an over-emphasized bass sound, though.

If you do listen to low bitrates, Sennheisser would be a better choice. My hd580s make anything sound warm.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
These look unreal, love the color options. Do you have the over ear or on ear pair?

I don't actually don't own a pair but a buddy of mine has a pair and let me borrow them for a week and I loved them. I was using the over the ear par. Anyway the noise canceling was amazing and the sound was clean and had a good range. So glad that Monster doesn't make the crappy Beats and that they are making a quality product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.