Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Is there such thing as portable headphones with perfect trebles, mid and high or do all headphones have a weak range somewhere?

galstaph

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2002
The Great White North Eh
Is there such thing as portable headphones with perfect trebles, mid and high or do all headphones have a weak range somewhere?

That is pretty subjective, perfect to me might not be perfect to you, also in what price range? You looking to spend $100 or $5000? There are good headphones that do most things well, you just need to narrow down your price range and listening preference (type of sound you like be it natural or coloured, dark, muddy, bright etc.). The way a headphone sounds to you is the most important thing, try to hunker down your budget, see what is available in that range and try them to see which sounds best to you.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
Headphones

There are "perfect" headphones but you'll be shelling out ~$300. I use Panasonic RP-HTX7 which are well received for budget headphone for ~$30. The mid are a bit lower but according to some users there is a mod that brightens up the mid and makes it extremely accurate in its music playback.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ah, headphones.

Well, as others have already asked, how much are you prepared to spend? How 'portable' do you mean by the term 'portable'?

Personally, I use the Bowers & Wilkins P5; they are exceptionally elegant, have a small foot-print, are sturdily put together (made from real leather and metal), boast extremely good audio quality and are the most comfortable (as well as portable) headphones I have ever owned. However, you can expect to pay around €300 for them.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
I use Harmon Kardan Kardon BT headphones. Their big and clunky but sound great as well as wire free (optional cable when they're not charged is included)

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
There sure are. It depends on your budget though.

How much do you want to spend ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.