Health Care Premiums Jump 11.2 Percent

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 9, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

every year, my monthly premium goes up $25-50. it's at $385 right now. another self-employment "tax."

2. AhmedFaisal Guest

That is why I got an international health insurance in germany before I came to the US. No deductibles, full health (unlimited coverage), full dental and vision all for 120 Euros a month. If I was in Germany it would cost me about 80 Euros, 40 Euros are extra because I am in the US where medical costs are higher. Isurance company is Allianz Group. And to make it as convenient as possible, they have a cooperation with Blue Cross which ensures that any doctor or hospital will accept it and can get money from them without me having to pay cash in advance.
    Cheers,

Ahmed

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I get health insurance through my wife's job teaching HS. We get a pretty good deal, but even so the increase in cost this year was more than the raise she got for her year of experience. She takes home less each month this year than last. Go figure.